GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Amsterdam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/06/05 at 21:08
Regular
For 4 days. Had so many opportunities to go but had to turn them down, mainly due to being financially embarrassed or having unavoidable student exams. Myself and 4 other decent people are jumping on a plane at 3pm tomorrow.

Needless to say I'm very much looking forward to it, I'm not above most of the sordid activities you envision and am sure to spend a fortune. Got a nice 5 bedroom apartment with all mod cons, for those nights where our third eyes are 'squee-geed' to a flawless shine. Even a nice Jacuzzi is included which I hope to claim as my own.

Is this post to gloat? Most likely. I can turn it into a question though - who here has been (without their parents, girlfriends or pets), and which bars/cafes/miscellaneous locations do you most highly recommend? Omit no detail, however depraved.

Time to have a bath, then pack before a couple of frosty ones.
Sat 18/06/05 at 00:49
Regular
Please endorse me with a 4 pack, I'm reduced to drinking whisky for gods sake.
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:32
Regular
"8==="
Heh. Nice line-up of thread titles:

"Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Amsterdam"

followed by

"Am I going down?"

Hmmmmmm.
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:30
Regular
I'm doing my first "proper" travelling in July, going to Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Bosnia. It'll be very interesting to see how it compares to the usual package holidays I go on.
Mon 13/06/05 at 16:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well that's mainly because they have better streetcleaning and the cities are newer in some cities. But if you go somewhere like Athens or even Paris, you realise that London is actually a pretty decent place.
Mon 13/06/05 at 16:35
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I'd say there is a serious case of "grass is greener" in
> here.

Hmm yeah I suppose.

The thing that I did notice that was completely different from here though was the moderness/tidyness of the towns and town centres abroad. Clean pavements, modern paving, no chewing gum stuck to the floor, no ciggarette butts scattered all over the place.

Quite a stark contrast say, to Nottingham (where I live)
Mon 13/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd say there is a serious case of "grass is greener" in here. You all think these countries are so much better because a) you don't live there and b) you only visit the nice places. Other countries are just as crap as this one, you just don't see it because you're not going to go on a holiday to the dutch equivalent of Harlow, are you?
Mon 13/06/05 at 15:36
Regular
Going to places like Spain/Cyprus/Ibiza and stuff just makes you realise how rubbish we are.

It starts as soon as you get on the plane.

"SORREH MATE JUS PUTTING ME HOLDALL UP!!"

...As they ensure they are shoving their rears into everyone elses face.

"I WA' A BEER! WAHH! CABIN CRU!!!"

....As soon as they sit down

"WHEN THE **** WILL THIS PLANE TAKE ARF?!"

....After the safety video

Their kids slam on the "Cabin Crew assistance!" button and giggle to themselves whilst their parents sit and do nothing. Then the kid finds the enjoyment of "slamming the food table into the person in fronts chair", their parents drooling and giggling along with them.

When you get to the place, as soon as the plane touches down, the "Brits" get up and impatiently walk around the plane to get their bags.

I've recently come back from Florida, the culture over there is just so much more relaxed and the places are clean and tidy.

This country sucks.
Mon 13/06/05 at 12:21
Regular
"long time"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Yeah, when you spend so much time exposed to it over here, you think
> it's the norm, but it isn't.
>
> Being a smoker I loved the coffee shops, and it made me wonder if
> they could work in the UK. No trouble in there, just a lot of people
> sat around watching telly eating cream cakes. Of course, those who
> actually dwell in Amsterdam don't binge on the stuff like us 'drug
> tourists'.
>
> I'm going to Benidorm at the end of this month for a stag do, I dare
> say that will be a tad less uncivilised. 'OI GASSON, CAN A HAVE SOME
> KETCHUP FOR MA PIE-ELLA?" Oh well.

There are already 2 coffe shops in Preston City centre :)
Seek and you shall find ....
Sun 12/06/05 at 23:34
Regular
I used to be able to say "Excuse me, I'm not very good at French, can you speak English" in French, but not going to French classes/France I've never used it, so I can't remember any more.

:-(

I've never wanted to go up to someone and start speaking English hoping they'd understand, but I've enver had teh chance to ask.

It's still a damn sight better than a guy I met in Greece.

He went to a local fruit shop and wanted a melon, the woman spoke no English, and he is just constantly going "an you slice it? Slice it?Slllllllliccccccccccceeeeeeeee it?" whilst making hand motions.

She finally picked up the knife and made the motion on the watermelon to which he said yes before the rest of us just nodded and gave thumbs up so that she'd understand.

And he trailed mud all over teh floor she'd been cleaning when we came in.

Needless to say that was teh last time I ever spoke to teh guy.

He was a complete and utter twatface.
Sun 12/06/05 at 22:10
Regular
Yeah I often wish I wasn't English. There's just something unglamorous and dull about our country.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.