GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This forum is dead."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/06/05 at 15:45
Regular
What happened to everyone? The Sony's Cronies lol? This place used to be full of activity, now theres barely an actyive topic in sight?!
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Fix are you on commission on 'Cubes are something? I won't be getting a 'cube in the forseeable future, i don't want a cube at this point in time. Warcraft and my PS2 catalogue more than keep me occupied at the moment and i don't see any reason to spend more money on a Cube when both those systems more than occupy my time. There's nothing on the cube catalogue that makes me want to rush out and buy one.

My opinion
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Kawada wrote:
>
>
> Dear god, have i said i would RATHER play the PS2 version? No i
> haven't.
>
> However 1) It came across that way

Exactly how did

"I'll wait until i actually play the thing before passing a judgement"

translate to "I'd rather play the PS2 version over the Gamecube version?

To me that statement says "I'll play the PS2 version before passing judgement .........On the PS2 version

> and
>
> 2) You've already said you've no intention of getting a cube at the
> moment so which console do you think people would assume you'd be
> playing it on having read this discussion?

And nowhere in this discussion have i said the PS2 version will be better than the Cube version. As stated my point was i will wait to play the ps2 version before passing judgement on that version. I didn't mention the Cube at all. You just jumped to that conclusion. Not my fault
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Well to turn your own advice back on you:
>
> You won't know which ones you'll want to play
>
>
>
> But i do know which ones i want to play. There's a good 10 RPG's
> alone i want to play on the PS2 first before thinking of anything
> else. Trouble is Warcraft is taking up all my spare time and whenever
> i do play my PS2 it's either to have a game of MVP Baseball or Disgaea

And there we have it.

If Warcraft can divert you away then who's to say a few cube titles wouldn't? Thing is you've played WoW but you haven't played the Cube ones and it's certainly a possibility if you were to play them you might put off playing those 10 RPGS for a bit longer.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
>
>
> Dear god, have i said i would RATHER play the PS2 version? No i
> haven't.

However 1) It came across that way

and

2) You've already said you've no intention of getting a cube at the moment so which console do you think people would assume you'd be playing it on having read this discussion?
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well to turn your own advice back on you:
>
> You won't know which ones you'll want to play

But i do know which ones i want to play. There's a good 10 RPG's alone i want to play on the PS2 first before thinking of anything else. Trouble is Warcraft is taking up all my spare time and whenever i do play my PS2 it's either to have a game of MVP Baseball or Disgaea
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's called commonsense.
>
> If you'd rather play the inferior version rather than grab a cheap
> console that seems quite daft to me.

Dear god, have i said i would RATHER play the PS2 version? No i haven't. I have said i will play that game before rating it, which i think is common sense. I don't have a cube, and i've never been in the habit of buying a console for one game, and if i was it damn sure wouldn't be for a Resident Evil game. A Nippon Ichi one yes :-D
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:15
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
>
> Well my last PS2 lasted 4 odd years so i haven't had anywhere near as
> much trouble as others have had. Personally i don't see the point in
> buying a console and games i won't play for a good year or 2
> considering i have a ton of games in my 'to play' list already. Most
> of which are RPG's which will take about 60 hours least each

Well to turn your own advice back on you:

You won't know which ones you'll want to play unless you give them a go. You might have a quick go on the cube ones and decided to come back to some of the PS2 ones later because 1 or 2 of the cube ones seem to demand to be played 'right now'.

You won't know until you've played them a bit, however.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:12
Regular
"8==="
It's called commonsense.

If you'd rather play the inferior version rather than grab a cheap console that seems quite daft to me.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Mozzy"
On Ebay you can get a Cube for around £40.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20391&item=8195919474&rd=1[/URL]
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> I've got about that on Xbox and 4 on the cube. Do you think that
> would stop me getting a PS2 if I thought it wouldn't break? Not a
> chance.

Well my last PS2 lasted 4 odd years so i haven't had anywhere near as much trouble as others have had. Personally i don't see the point in buying a console and games i won't play for a good year or 2 considering i have a ton of games in my 'to play' list already. Most of which are RPG's which will take about 60 hours least each

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.