GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHOA.... Resident Evil 4 is coming for PS2 !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
"..."
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/31/news_6111911.html[/URL]
Thu 04/11/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Ive always liked the controls too. When the zombies are coming and you press R to lock, it turns instantly. If there wasnt a way to lock on then the zombies would be pecking your brains out a lot quicker.
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Does it still have those god awful controls?
>
> *hmmm a flesh eating zombie is rushing towards me, let me just turn
> slowly on the spot and then leg it when i have finally turned 180
> degrees*

I liked the controls. I thought it added to the suspense and stuff.
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:31
Regular
"..."
Well, I think I agree with him. After I get the GC version , if I have money, I'll buy the ps2 version. Somehow, I feel they won't be the same. Sure it would look better on GC, but is that the way Capcom are going to keep it ? That's just so dull. Sure there will be add-ins, like when they added dante to ps2 viewtiful Joe, now that was cool.
Wed 03/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
Solid Snake wrote:
> I think itīs bad news because i know that the PS2 will mess it
> all up also i donīt want to lock at the controls but i will buy
> the game for both Gamecube and PS2(just to see if itīs as good
> as the Gamecube version)the PS2 version will be relased in end of
> 2005

Why not just rent the second version?
Wed 03/11/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's an RPG, tis to be expected
Wed 03/11/04 at 00:35
Regular
"Bow to me!"
well the PS2 version wont be 'cut down' but it certainly wont be as good. for starters if a game is released on 2 consoles and one has clearly better graphics for the same price then people should and in most cases would get the one with better graphics - gamecube obviously. also the time gap is to nintendos advantage. hardy resi fans will get it on GC just cos they wanna play it first. also playing big games on PS2 is a pain due to all the loading time it needs. i like ps2 better for most games and im playing FFX at the minute. very good except maybe the cut scenes are a bit heavy
Tue 02/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"..."
I only bought the ps2 for mgs2, but I'm not disappointed, I'm actually happy that I did that, because I can also get all Final Fantasy games, and to me, getting an Xbox and not getting FFX would have been a great loss for me. That's just my opinion, so don't start criticising FFX because I already know what you have to say about FFX. I'm happy, and no one can change that. And by the way, I'm not getting RS 4 on ps2, I'm getting it for GC. I just made this thread because this is great news for people who don't have GC.
Tue 02/11/04 at 15:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
homosh wrote:
> I wonder what are they feeling right now ?

That they've still got a better deal with the Cube version perhaps?

The Gamecube still has the Resident Evil 1 remake and Resident Evil 0, plus Resi 4 will looks somewhat cut down when it makes it's appearance on the PS2, a year after it's release on the Cube.

I doubt they'd feel as disappointed as those people who bought a PS2 solely for Metal Gear Solid 2.
Tue 02/11/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Nicolaj"
I think itīs bad news because i know that the PS2 will mess it all up also i donīt want to lock at the controls but i will buy the game for both Gamecube and PS2(just to see if itīs as good as the Gamecube version)the PS2 version will be relased in end of 2005
Tue 02/11/04 at 14:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
lalakersrule wrote:
> My word!! with Resi Evil 5 you may actually be able to properly run
> around like in such games as Metal Gear and GTA.

You CAN run, you know. The control system is very, very easy to master.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.