GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA to continue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
Nintendo confirm a strong line up in America and Europe for the GBA in 2005.

In an attempt to quash the idea that the DS is to replace the GBA Nintendo have recently reminded gamers of several games due out in both America and Europe for the GBA.

Nintendo point out that a new NES classic series is set to hit American shores around March next year whilst European gamers are to get the second and third set at TBC dates next year.

Nintendo also paraded the new Harvest Moon, Banjo Pilot, Worms 3, Megaman Battle network 4, Tales of Phantasia and Wizards amongst the big third party releases along with Wario Ware 2, DK King of the Swing, Pokemon Emerald and Mario Party Advance amongst the first party line up.

Not amazing but a nice little line up of GBA games I might be picking up to play on my DS next year.
Thu 04/11/04 at 01:09
Regular
The GBA won't die out straight away, just like there were still Gameboy color games after the GBA release, but they'll gradually fade out and disappear.

Which'll be natural because people'll be wanting to replace their GBA's with DS, especially after they see the wireless and the Mario 64 in action.

In the meantime it's great because it boosts the DS line up further. :-)
Thu 04/11/04 at 09:23
Regular
You need to remember that GBA games work on the DS. So by releasing a new Pokemon game it is essentially a new game for both systems.
Thu 04/11/04 at 09:36
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> In the meantime it's great because it boosts the DS line up further.
> :-)

:-P

The only thing is, GBA games can't support the wireless, and wireless would perhaps be essential for the next wave of Pokémon games.
But perhaps the GBA version could have a DS "hook" that did support wireless play, and only GBA games released so far were incompatable.

Like Pokémon Gold.
Designed for colour but the classic brick gameboys could still play it.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Strafio wrote:
> The only thing is, GBA games can't support the wireless, and wireless
> would perhaps be essential for the next wave of Pokémon
> games.
> But perhaps the GBA version could have a DS "hook" that did
> support wireless play, and only GBA games released so far were
> incompatable.

But that would be over supporting the GBA. I think Nintendo will try to move away from backwards compatability when it comes to the DS as it will make people hang on to the GBA for longer rather than them just getting a DS. I think they should encourage the GBA for what it is an carry on developing it until people stop using it. They will get more money in the long term that way.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:51
Regular
If Nintendo can still make money from GBA games, they will continue to produce them. After all, they require less from development teams to produce due to the GBA only supporting slightly 3D graphics and not too high quality sound, so much money is made from sales of those games.
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> You need to remember that GBA games work on the DS. So by releasing a
> new Pokemon game it is essentially a new game for both systems.

And Nintendo have now moved on from the GBA as far as Pokémon is concerned - they've said about the two new DS games being in production.
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:04
Regular
if they created another Pokémon game they'd need to develop their fully 3D RPG for the GameCube with a stadium/colluseum minigame for battling.

I don't think a Pokémon Colluseum 2 would fair too well on GameCube.
Thu 04/11/04 at 20:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They would probably call it Pokemon Amphitheatre and release it on Revolution.

Nintendo will hold out on creating a 3D pokemon until their heads explode.
Thu 04/11/04 at 20:16
Regular
Only whilst their handheld games sell by the million.
Thu 04/11/04 at 23:28
Regular
""
I don't know whether they should make a new console. I don't myself mind about graphics, but a lot of people do, and they already say gamecube graphics are crap.

I spose you all know about Nintendo conceding in the graphics race, they think "gameplay" would suffer if they spent time on advancing graphics.

I think they'll bomb.... just as well handhelds are more of a kiddie thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.