GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA to continue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
Nintendo confirm a strong line up in America and Europe for the GBA in 2005.

In an attempt to quash the idea that the DS is to replace the GBA Nintendo have recently reminded gamers of several games due out in both America and Europe for the GBA.

Nintendo point out that a new NES classic series is set to hit American shores around March next year whilst European gamers are to get the second and third set at TBC dates next year.

Nintendo also paraded the new Harvest Moon, Banjo Pilot, Worms 3, Megaman Battle network 4, Tales of Phantasia and Wizards amongst the big third party releases along with Wario Ware 2, DK King of the Swing, Pokemon Emerald and Mario Party Advance amongst the first party line up.

Not amazing but a nice little line up of GBA games I might be picking up to play on my DS next year.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
Nintendo confirm a strong line up in America and Europe for the GBA in 2005.

In an attempt to quash the idea that the DS is to replace the GBA Nintendo have recently reminded gamers of several games due out in both America and Europe for the GBA.

Nintendo point out that a new NES classic series is set to hit American shores around March next year whilst European gamers are to get the second and third set at TBC dates next year.

Nintendo also paraded the new Harvest Moon, Banjo Pilot, Worms 3, Megaman Battle network 4, Tales of Phantasia and Wizards amongst the big third party releases along with Wario Ware 2, DK King of the Swing, Pokemon Emerald and Mario Party Advance amongst the first party line up.

Not amazing but a nice little line up of GBA games I might be picking up to play on my DS next year.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
A neat little line-up there. Cheers for whetting my appetite Dringo.

And the good thing is, GBA will carry on fine.

I know plenty of PS2 and Xbox owners who have GBAs but wouldn't think of parting their cash for a DS.

Plus, some people (including me) are going to wait 'til Christmas 2005 for the DS, so that leaves me another year to boot up some classics on my GBA.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:14
Regular
King of Swing will rule so very much.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:16
Regular
Pick of the bunch for me would have to be Wario Ware 2, Worms 3 and Banjo Pilot.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:17
Regular
King of the Swing will be excellent as Rickoss says. But the whole tilting Wario Ware game'll be a must have too.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:21
Regular
Emerald should rack in the sales, as it's done well in Japan.

I really wish Capcom *fumes with rage* would stop making Megman games. They are all so repetative and diabolical.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:22
Regular
But they sell, and Capcom need the money in order for them to keep making decent games.

Whether they are exclusive or not at least we still get them.

Now the PS2 has RE I think it's about time we got Devil May Cry.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:27
Regular
Don't say the 'C' word in front of me ever again.

I've had enough of those lying sods.
Mon 01/11/04 at 23:05
Regular
Unfortunately, business is business. And Capcom are going to go where the money is.

You can't resent them for that.

Look on the bright side, there's still temporary exclusivity. That did Xbox a hell of a lot of good with Splinter Cell.
Mon 01/11/04 at 23:23
"period drama"
But, are they really GBA games? Really worth it?
Why not shove them on a DS disk and be done with it?

Why not?
Because then the GBA would become totally useless. Two pillars. And, possibly, a half.

And if you're gonna shove them on a DS disk, why not shove a map on t'other screen?

Indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.