GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/05/05 at 15:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to import a PSP after my A-Level's next month, and I'm curious as to which games I should order along with it. What would you reccomend?

Also, if possible, I'm trying to find a "Top 10" list on various websites, but have had little luck so far... any chance you could help with this also?

Thanks.
Wed 01/06/05 at 12:02
Regular
Cheers. Wouldn't mind a decent footy game to play until Pro Evo comes along and this at least appears to be more appealing than World Tour Soccer, yet that scored higher than FIFA and is apparently simpler to play on the system.

I'll just be content with my new games winging their way to me right now :)
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:53
Received Lumines and Twisted Metal today. Also ordered FIFA, a spare battery pack (for my uber train journey home) and MLB. Twisted Metal was wrapped TWICE, one with the Frech manual sticking out, and the English one inside. Thanks for that. Or should I say, merci.

Bullett, I ordered FIFA, let you know what's it like when I get it.
As for Tiger - all true, but it's superb fun. I won a few trophy balls, and the commentary is great.
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bullett wrote:
> Was going to get FIFA, but two things held me back:

1 of them being of course the fact that it's FIFA :-D
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, it's detailed, just not detailed enough ;)

Oh, and I'm not getting Gretzky with it, as I imported using Lik-Sang. :)
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:07
Regular
Do UPS not have a detailed tracking system?

Anyhoo, you should have it by the end of the week :D

You'll be getting Gretzky with it, right?
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
:)

According to UPS, my PSP is currently "In Transit", though it has been for about 24 hours now... It's express delivery, so it should be here tomorrow/friday at the latest.... I hope. :)
Wed 01/06/05 at 06:55
Regular
Ah the joys of importing - Place an order at 20:15 and it gets shipped that very day :D

Was going to get FIFA, but two things held me back:

There are apparently hideous pauses when things happen, like the ball goes out of touch. I've seen a couple of pauses in demo vids, and it does seem a little irritating. Still the game itself looks decent.

World Tour Soccer scored higher.

Also, Tiger Woods is meant to be quite good, but the CPU player apparently takes forever to take his shots and the initial boot-up load is quite lengthy with just a black screen, no indication of what's happening.
Tue 31/05/05 at 20:20
Regular
Just ordered:

Lumines
Hot Shots Golf
Untold Legends

The last one was decided by a nice little IGN video review and a price cut over at VGC. The first two I've been contemplating for ages.

Oh, and apparently Smart Bomb sucks donkey balls - the lowest scoring game at IGN with 5/10.

*rubs hands in anticipation*

Come 20th June I'll be ordering myself a sexah new 2Gb Mem Stick DUO too, cannae wait :D
Tue 31/05/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Ruddie1"
lcarus wrote:

>
> I bought TH1 - 3, rented 4 and Underground. I can honestly say each
> sequel brings minimal new features to the series, so no.

Yeah minimal but anybody who enjoys the games would love it on the PSP, well i think they would. Its alot more worth your money then Metal Gear, Lumines or Mercury. Games like them really dont do nothing for me, might as well have a DS! If anyone wants a DS i got one for sale! lol
Tue 31/05/05 at 17:12
"www.funpagez.com"
hi, I have a PSP. Its great. I got mine from play-asia.com - they deliver super quick in under 5 days, its really cheap there now (although I ordered mine at christmas and paid more)

You can get cheap games from www.lik-sang.com and www.play-asia.com both sites accept all major credit cards and accept paypal!!!

Hope this helps!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.