GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just finished halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 02/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
8/10
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:42
Regular
"boom boom click"
Damarus wrote:
> Whatever respect I had for Ninjax has just gone out the window.

no loss there! anyway i meant co-op play!
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Exactly, the multiplayer really extended the lifespan. It had loads of stuff no other console game had, but was only the first game to demonstrate what newer games are going to be doing better pretty soon.

I think people are too hung up on comparing PC games to Xbox games...
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:36
"I love yo... lamp."
I suppose the view Alistair mentioned about 10 out of 10 being absolutely perfect should really be the right one, but I give games ten when I feel they are better than 9. I gave Halo 10/10 when I first reviewed it because, when I first played it, Halo was special and one of the best FPS games around. It doesn't quite have the uniqueness factor that it did in the past.

The first few levels were truly excellent, amongst the best I've come across in a game. The beach level (forget the name) was probably the best level there was. So much fun. I even quite liked the mad dash part of The Maw, which when I completed on Legendary was done with less than a second left. That was close. Sure, some levels were a bit repetitive, like the Library, but I thought Keyes was pretty good. Quite cool just watching the Covenant fight the Flood.

Halo didn't need to be played on Legendary to fully understand its brilliance, because the only difference was that you died a lot more easily and you got to watch a special end scene.

In retrospect, I probably over-rated Halo a bit, but I get enthused with games. In my opinion it is certainly still worthy of 9/10. I was just never disappointed with it. The Halo multiplayer alone was worth of at least 6/10. Don't believe me? Then throw an Xbox LAN party.
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You still get the Flood on legendary though.
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:30
Regular
Don't worry. I've never had respect for you :P
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:29
Regular
""
Damarus wrote:
> Whatever respect I had for Ninjax has just gone out the window.

as had all of ours a long time ago
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:26
Regular
Whatever respect I had for Ninjax has just gone out the window.
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:25
Regular
"boom boom click"
you ahev to play it on laegendary to fully understand it deserved 10/10 rating!!!!
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Multiplayer is where it owns.
Tue 02/11/04 at 17:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Damarus wrote:
> The last mission was my favourite although there was one really
> annoying glitch doing it co-op. When you get to the checkpoint things
> and it warps the person behind to where you are without their
> warthog
. It just means you have to wait for the other person to
> get on the back of your warthog which spoils the fun for him as he
> can't do sod all.

Yeah that got me too and if you wait for the other person to get back in it's quite hard to get going again and beat the clock.

> The beach level is probably the best level for pishing about on
> though.

Agreed the hunters are great as are the guys with shields hiding amongst the trees. All fun to run over in a warthog or have some good battles with.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.