GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just finished halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 02/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
8/10
Wed 10/11/04 at 14:10
Regular
"BOSE"
Legendary was quality! Me and my brother did it last year together. We got to the end of The More where you have to ride the warthog like a mad man and we died about 3 times and he gave up - there goes my gunner! I must of had to do it about 7-10 times before I finished it. I wanted to see the ending! The Brute felt the human's love on his hip ;-) we pzzed ourselfs, it was quality!
Wed 10/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I saw that on some rubbish net video anyway. So.
Tue 09/11/04 at 15:08
In my opinion, it wasn't worth it.
Tue 09/11/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Monster kill!"
Halo is a great game, me and my friend also just completed it there... not for the first time, but on legendary! Its soo hard on legendary! There are like 100 more aliens in each room!
The very last level was hard, because they made it longer. And it took us atleast 2 hours just to finnish that little warthog trip! But it was worth it, new video cut scene/ending!
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*Purebred.

As in 'Breed', not 'Yeast'.

I did some of those warthog jump things the other day - y'know, on the beach level with the warthog/bodies flying MILES into the sky.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Touched!"
Halo was 30 FPS wasn't it? Creep was saying that Halo 2 is 60fps, lets hope so. It certainly looks faster paced than the first game.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:36
Regular
I'm inclined to agree with the original post although it is certainly towards the back end of the 8/10 to very early 9/10.

I sound like a big, fat, ugly mutha f**ker when I go on about how many times I have gone through Halo but I have seen pretty much EVERYTHING the game has to offer and it isn't a 10/10 game, it has a shed load of problems, some obvious that everyone points out and others subtle, mainly picked up on after playing like a sad b*stard when I first got it.

I have said it many times, it is probably the BEST pure-bred, stand alone FPS in the classical sense since Half Life. It isn't better than Half Life as a lot of the ideas were stolen from Half Life and there just wasn't the WOW factor like the first time you came across the Marines in Half-Life only to realise they actually had a clever AI system, to give but one example.

If you are taking a game into the 9/10 region in my opinion the game has to offer something new to the genre or drastically improve to the point of revolution on a previous tried and tested method. Aside from a small selection of people I think most would agree that the vehicle sections were superbly done and this really did offer something new to the FPS genre, it had been seen before in the likes of Hidden and Dangerous which was a 3rd/1st person hybrid but Halo revolutionised vehicle handling in FPS games.

Halo 2 needs to be more consistent with the level design, offer more in the way of level variation and in general just polish off the little glitches from Halo like the inconsistent frame rate in the open environments. Providing it does this it will be a sure winner.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:35
Regular
I found the library the most repetitive, as on each floor level, you would have to go in almost the exact same direction, but the surroundings wre exactly the same, :<
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:18
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Halo Single Player - 8/10

Halo Multi Player - 10/10

I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on co-op and system link with a handful of my mates, a few of which also have the game.
Tue 02/11/04 at 18:43
Regular
""
monkey_man wrote:
> I think people are too hung up on comparing PC games to Xbox games...

yeah, i dont like it when people do that, they are two completely different platforms.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.