GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Credits are Rolling...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 19:27
Regular
...what do you do when you see the credits rolling at the end of a game?

When I complete any game I sense a feeling of satisfaction and sit there feeling smug, then the credits appear on the screen... long... boring... names.

Well in the era of my NES I would just turn it off and wonder what game I was going to play next, how long that game was or if I thought it was any good.

When I had my SNES I had a bit more fun with the credits, I counted how many time the word 'yoshi' appeared within the names at the end of the game, I remember siting there after Yoshi's Island and counting more than 20 names with the word 'yoshi' in them.

Well then, what is the point of this topic?

Well, now after working along side the people that are in the credits I realised that all that playing was down to them, all that fun and enjoyment was down to the people at the end of the game who 90%+ of gamers would just shut off and then go and get something to eat, feeling pleased that they completed a game, but maybe if they thought about it they should read the credits and think about some of the jobs that those people do, none of the jobs are easy, and these people deserve more credit then a split second on your screen.

How do you read them, if you do at all?

Thanks
er-no

(bit of a crap post, tried something different, hope it gets a response....)
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:54
I like most end credits because they seem like a reward to me.

Now you're thinking "Is he insane?" well yes but that's a different matter. I just like to sit back, contemplate my conquering of this game and congratulate the makers on creating such a fine game as I read their names on the lists (not out loud, or individually by name or anything, I know you were thinking that). Not to mention the usual great music, the jokes in credits that no-one gets because they are in-jokes with the creators (what's that about a burrito? Did I miss something? Maybe it's in the manual), the often fun art and various other features that help make credits interesting. The best thing is that you actually read the names and jobs (if the speed they move by allows)and you could probably remember all of them if the Human memory wasn't so feeble and inefficient. When I created Black & White the credits were an excellent end to an excellent game, they had great music, interesting images and above all great music! Of course the whole game has great music. The thing is that you actually get the credits throughout the whole game since all the villagers are named after the makers of the game (I find myself always searching for any Peter Molyneuxs and collecting them... usually to do brutal and evil things to them because it's funnier but that's just my way of paying homage to a great man).

So anyway, credits are great and they make me feel even better about completing a game than I already do. The only credits I haven't enjoyed have been the odd console ones like Perfect Dark and... well I think that's about it. The ending to Conker was so depressing though, god, I'll never complete it again or i'll need some prozac (nah I'm kidding by the way, no offence meant to anyone who did need counseling after completing Conker). So do you think Conker goes to Hell to retrieve Berri and has to climb his way up to Heaven (where angels try to throw him out for being so disgustingly sinful), unless Berri went to Hell... Or they are a whole other religion which has something other than a Hell.

Anyway Credits are great, keep them rolling! (Ah I kill me!)
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
I always wait becuase sometimes there's a little cut scene at the end!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Lol!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Zeldapro wrote:
> You are absolutely correct!

And that was the answer for a Million
> Pounds...how do you feel!
Well I would like to thank... me me me me me...

infact all ME!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:31
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
You are absolutely correct!

And that was the answer for a Million Pounds...how do you feel!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
:) :) :)

it got replies

:) :) :)

originality does pay off!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Yes, that is exactly the type of thing I laugh at every time i watch the Tony Hawks 2 endings.

My dad walked in to see what I was laughing at once. When he saw people crunching their nuts and falling off rails he called my sense of humour warped.

Whats he on about? Thats the funniest thing ever!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:27
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Youre welcome!

Anytime!
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Zeldapro wrote:
> Hah!

By the way M16 the 'PS" better than GC' was excellant!

Thank you Zeldapro.
Wed 30/05/01 at 20:22
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
We had this supply teacher in for science once who didnt have a clue what to do so she found this video about the effects of gravity and it was mostly skaters falling of bars smacking their B*ollocks and gobbing it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.