GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Credits are Rolling...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 19:27
Regular
...what do you do when you see the credits rolling at the end of a game?

When I complete any game I sense a feeling of satisfaction and sit there feeling smug, then the credits appear on the screen... long... boring... names.

Well in the era of my NES I would just turn it off and wonder what game I was going to play next, how long that game was or if I thought it was any good.

When I had my SNES I had a bit more fun with the credits, I counted how many time the word 'yoshi' appeared within the names at the end of the game, I remember siting there after Yoshi's Island and counting more than 20 names with the word 'yoshi' in them.

Well then, what is the point of this topic?

Well, now after working along side the people that are in the credits I realised that all that playing was down to them, all that fun and enjoyment was down to the people at the end of the game who 90%+ of gamers would just shut off and then go and get something to eat, feeling pleased that they completed a game, but maybe if they thought about it they should read the credits and think about some of the jobs that those people do, none of the jobs are easy, and these people deserve more credit then a split second on your screen.

How do you read them, if you do at all?

Thanks
er-no

(bit of a crap post, tried something different, hope it gets a response....)
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:53
Regular
"Whatever!"
Hmmmm, did I really write that???
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
He obviously knows what he's talking about but it seems he
> only comes on when he's got his eye on a certain game.

Hey did you see what beat your long post for yesterday... HA that made me laugh, it was a review... for a music game!

lol
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
mattyboy wrote:
> Great sense of self gratification

Ooo, you dirty boy

:-D
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
er-no wrote:
He does
> have a great idea of what its all about, but he only comes on here
> to reply with a huge piece and he has won five times now with little
> posts!

Yeah I know!

He obviously knows what he's talking about but it seems he only comes on when he's got his eye on a certain game.
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Great sense of self satisfaction despite credits boring me half to death!! There should be more reward I feel with most games but the relief is great once you have finally completed the title!!
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:49
Regular
"everyone says it"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

Yeah that's what I think...

He does have a great idea of what its all about, but he only comes on here to reply with a huge piece and he has won five times now with little posts!
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:42
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I always allow the credits to complete before turning off my console, even if I don't read each and every single name on the list.

I think it's sad that games developers have to add bonuses 'after' the credits have completed, just so people will sit through them. For example, the METAL GEAR SOLID bonuses could only be accessed and saved after watching through the credits, without skipping!

To me this is as if the developers recognised that they would go un-noticed in many cases, and as such had to drop to such extremes as this. (probably not the case but you get what I mean)

I think we as a whole are becoming more acknowledgeable to the people behind the games, and things are a little different to as they were some years back.

Developers are finally getting the credit the deserve.
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
gronti_v wrote:
When I created Black & White

EH?!?!?!??!??!
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:38
Regular
"You've upset me"
er-no wrote:
> gronti_v why don't you appear on here often it seems to me that you
> only post to win? Is this the case?

Yeah that's what I think...
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
gronti_v why don't you appear on here often it seems to me that you only post to win? Is this the case?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.