GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Credits are Rolling...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 19:27
Regular
...what do you do when you see the credits rolling at the end of a game?

When I complete any game I sense a feeling of satisfaction and sit there feeling smug, then the credits appear on the screen... long... boring... names.

Well in the era of my NES I would just turn it off and wonder what game I was going to play next, how long that game was or if I thought it was any good.

When I had my SNES I had a bit more fun with the credits, I counted how many time the word 'yoshi' appeared within the names at the end of the game, I remember siting there after Yoshi's Island and counting more than 20 names with the word 'yoshi' in them.

Well then, what is the point of this topic?

Well, now after working along side the people that are in the credits I realised that all that playing was down to them, all that fun and enjoyment was down to the people at the end of the game who 90%+ of gamers would just shut off and then go and get something to eat, feeling pleased that they completed a game, but maybe if they thought about it they should read the credits and think about some of the jobs that those people do, none of the jobs are easy, and these people deserve more credit then a split second on your screen.

How do you read them, if you do at all?

Thanks
er-no

(bit of a crap post, tried something different, hope it gets a response....)
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:51
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
In my experience I have always watched the credits all the way to the end. It is also nice to see that someone else has counted the name Yoshi appearing in the credits. Hve you ever watched the credits of Perfect Dark. They are actually quite amusing as they dont actually tell you what each person does just quite big hints towards them. If any of you has ever completed Bomberman(64 not the fantastic snes game) they will find out that watching the credits is a good idea as it tells you how to make a bomb wall(something I dont want to explain). I also do this at the end of films as you sometimes get spoof reels at the end. Thank Jackie Chan for this as it was one of his films that featured the first one. Yes this is a weird topic but one that is well worth discussing.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:42
Alrighty milado but I was just replying to ye.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yawn

Alright alright lets just drop this now alright?
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:34
well why did you qoute Er-no as saying:
>gronti_v why don't you appear on here often it seems to me that you
> only post to win? Is this the case?

Before you said "Yeah that's what I think..."?
Sounds to me like it meant that you thought I only posted to win, which would mean you were commenting on what I think about when posting. Perhaps that isn't what you meant but it sure does seem like it from your post.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
gronti_v wrote:
> I know that, but you were commenting on what you believed my
> thoughts to be which you couldn't possible know.

No I wasn't!
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:27
I know that, but you were commenting on what you believed my thoughts to be which you couldn't possible know. Anyway it's a free for all discussion forum, if you want to talk to just one person then use some sort of messaging service or a private chat room.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
gronti_v wrote:
"Yeah that's what I think"...

When I said that I was relpying to er-no. OK!?
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:17
When you said "Yeah that's what I think"...
Nevermind, it doesn't matter, I just meant that you can't know what's going through my head (arrgh it's a drill!).
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
gronti_v wrote:

RBS, you aren't
> me so don't go speaking for me unless I appoint you as my PR
> agent.

errr.... when did I speak for you?
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:06
Hmm, well. Aren't we allowed to make one little mistake? Yes I did create Black & White. It wasn't meant to read "Completed" at all and of course you know that because you would surely be able to deduce such a thing if it was.

Anyways er-no er-no I don't just come on with the sole purpose of winning it's just that I can't be on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and infact I often go days without being able to go on the internet. I write large posts about things I feel strongly about and have a lot to say about and yes some of them win but I actually enjoy discussing things when I can. So there you go. You're right though, I do seem to have a smaller number of posts than I thought.

RBS, you aren't me so don't go speaking for me unless I appoint you as my PR agent.

Now I would just like to say that this post is not written in an angry way (because reading it I can see how it may be interpreted as angry) and I don't mind what you were saying, I'm just setting you straight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.