GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Credits are Rolling...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 19:27
Regular
...what do you do when you see the credits rolling at the end of a game?

When I complete any game I sense a feeling of satisfaction and sit there feeling smug, then the credits appear on the screen... long... boring... names.

Well in the era of my NES I would just turn it off and wonder what game I was going to play next, how long that game was or if I thought it was any good.

When I had my SNES I had a bit more fun with the credits, I counted how many time the word 'yoshi' appeared within the names at the end of the game, I remember siting there after Yoshi's Island and counting more than 20 names with the word 'yoshi' in them.

Well then, what is the point of this topic?

Well, now after working along side the people that are in the credits I realised that all that playing was down to them, all that fun and enjoyment was down to the people at the end of the game who 90%+ of gamers would just shut off and then go and get something to eat, feeling pleased that they completed a game, but maybe if they thought about it they should read the credits and think about some of the jobs that those people do, none of the jobs are easy, and these people deserve more credit then a split second on your screen.

How do you read them, if you do at all?

Thanks
er-no

(bit of a crap post, tried something different, hope it gets a response....)
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
...what do you do when you see the credits rolling at the end of a game?

When I complete any game I sense a feeling of satisfaction and sit there feeling smug, then the credits appear on the screen... long... boring... names.

Well in the era of my NES I would just turn it off and wonder what game I was going to play next, how long that game was or if I thought it was any good.

When I had my SNES I had a bit more fun with the credits, I counted how many time the word 'yoshi' appeared within the names at the end of the game, I remember siting there after Yoshi's Island and counting more than 20 names with the word 'yoshi' in them.

Well then, what is the point of this topic?

Well, now after working along side the people that are in the credits I realised that all that playing was down to them, all that fun and enjoyment was down to the people at the end of the game who 90%+ of gamers would just shut off and then go and get something to eat, feeling pleased that they completed a game, but maybe if they thought about it they should read the credits and think about some of the jobs that those people do, none of the jobs are easy, and these people deserve more credit then a split second on your screen.

How do you read them, if you do at all?

Thanks
er-no

(bit of a crap post, tried something different, hope it gets a response....)
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:38
Usually er-no i sit and wait until the end of the credits, usually for no reason, but every now and again i read the names of the most important people in the making of the game, which is usually the designers, programmers and producers.

When i first played computer games and completed them i would usually turn the computer off grab a bite to eat (or something nothing to do with gaming) then play on a another game.

er-no is right here most people don't wait to read the credits once they have completed the game, but that is up to them. I think that no matter how long or short the credits are the people who make the game get the credit they need by the people buying there creation but also with their pay check at the moment.

thanx

><{{{*>
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
I also look at the end credits, but not only because I want to see who made the game, or in particular the music. Sometimes, after the credits you find that programmers put cheats that activate when the end credits have finished rolling.

Plus, the end credits music is sometimes the best in a game.

and er-no, it wasn't a crap topic and..look!...you've got replies!

;-)
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:49
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Credits sequences are getting much more fun to watch.

Like the Perfrect Dark one. That was cool.
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well I usually look for 10 seconds, longer sometimes!

They do get paid remember so don't fell sorry for them because we turn them off :)
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I never get to see the credits.
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:55
i thought the PD ending was pretty... ummmm... you know... not good :P

well thats what i thought anyway
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:55
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I just pick up a magazine or go down stairs for 20-30 mins!
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:56
M16 wrote:
> I never get to see the credits.

why?? is it because you've never completed a game
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Somtimes it is essentail to watch the credits because in Crash Bandicoot 2 you had to watch to the end in order to make the 100% mark.

I somtimes watch them, i usually skip them if i can. I did watch to the end of the Tonh Hawks 2 credits and they too were making fun of the credits by saying is anyone reading this and stuff.

Is this all to do with you being in the Soul Reaver 2 credits?

And yeah i Aggree the ending films and credits are getting better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.