GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Step-down converters for the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Hi all, need help.

My good friend tphi recomended my our local electrical bits-&-bobs shop for a step-up or step-down converter as im pre-ordering a DS but have nothing for their lame 2-pin plugs.

The problem is the shop is out and wont have them until the end of next month! Not being really technically minded I'm not sure what the voltage is with those dodgy American plugs.

I will defiantly need one... obviously. but I dont want my house to be burnt down (or my DS to blow up). So will someone explain or give me a link to a website so I can get hold of one.

Im guessing a shaving adaptor will not work :P

Any help will be nice. cheers.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Balls"
... You have a shaver plug in your bathroom? I don't, so i will not risk it.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Or you could charge it from the Bathroom, using the shaver adaptor, whilst waiting for the step-down.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Balls"
I would rather get one just incase it doesn't work. I would hate to get my DS and have to wait for a step down converter to arrive just to play it.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Before you all go and order a step-down convertor, re-read the Cube-Europe link you posted.

It's still not confirmed whether or not it will work... so I'm going to wait, and if needs be order a Step-down when my DS arrives.
Sun 07/11/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Balls"
Hey JC, I have found an even cheaper one that is the same!!

Anyone heard of Lik-Sang?

OK I was mislead by another site that said a tenner
Sat 06/11/04 at 02:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
It looks like the one. I just saw the stock levels too.
The generic spotty teen in the Norwich branch said they will have them in at the end of the month. But hopefully this 7 day stock thing is more acurate than a shop monkey.

God never thought it would be this much hassle.
Sat 06/11/04 at 02:17
Regular
"Balls"
So we should get the UK to USA converter.

I will make a purchase in 7 days when they get stock and I get paid. It will work out well.

How much is P&P.

God this DS is costing more by the minute. But I will make the parents buy it as its all for christmas, and if its for charging the the console im getting for christmas it much be included.
Sat 06/11/04 at 02:11
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeh look on the FAQ tab..

"Q: Will This product allow me to use a US playstation in the UK? Specs: Power Requirements: 120V AC, 60 Hz Power Consumption: 79W (Gavin: 27/10/2004 11:54:32 )
A: yes"

So if it can run a PS2.

But must order soon. Dont want to leave it late and not have and juice in the DS for a week or two.
Sat 06/11/04 at 02:10
Regular
"Balls"
Yeah i hope someone with wisdom can help us.
Sat 06/11/04 at 02:08
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Just when it says "UK to USA"
Surely it's "USA to UK"?

But im reassured by "Operate USA electrical appliances in the UK up to a maximum of 100W "

Meh. no idea. I'll comeback this evening and see what people recommend. This seems to be the one to get for now though.

Nite.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.