GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Xbox E3 Thread"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/05/05 at 00:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Right folks. It's that time of year again. E3 begins this week and I'll be interested to see what sort of new 360 images/videos and new games will be announced. Post images, news and video links here. Personally I'm hoping for some in game PGR3 shots and some PD0 shots. I cannot wait to get my hands on the 360. I'll post some of the games we can look forward to tomorrow when I can be bothered.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:32
Regular
Most console gamers haven't had the chance to experience graphics of this sort because they don't own top draw PC's. It's pretty damn spanky if you ask me that this kind of equipment will only cost about £200-£250.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:32
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's because they're running on a console for starters.

It seems half the Xbox forums on the net are going crazy about finally challenging PC gaming, they touted that with the Xbox and it is miles off, the gap looks way closer but how the hell people can predict PC gaming over the next 12 months is a little confusing, it's ever changing - for the better.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:30
Regular
Not from the screens I have seen so far. Sure they are impressive considering how good Half-Life 2/Doom 3 look now but by the time Christmas comes around PC gaming will be onto 512mb graphics cards and way beyond.

Plus the screens you are seeing are from the games running on a HDTV at the higher resolutions.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:28
Regular
It's because they're running on a console for starters.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Touched!"
You must be joking. Killzone 2 looks way above HL2 and Doom 3. Doom 3's textures look cack. HL2 is good looking but mainly more a physics showoff. There is another game (foget the name) on the 360 using the Unreal 3 engine which looks stunning. Footage is on gamespot.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:26
Regular
The graphics show cased so far don't look any better than Half-Life 2/Doom 3 on the PC, can't see why everyone is so excited about how good they look.
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I agree with what Tilt said entirely. Those graphics are just immense.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:58
Regular
"8==="
Heh, reminds me of good old Ironlord.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:57
Regular
That's definetly one thing that Links did better.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:56
Regular
But can you play 'Hit the fat b*stard in the crowd'?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.