GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Xbox E3 Thread"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/05/05 at 00:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Right folks. It's that time of year again. E3 begins this week and I'll be interested to see what sort of new 360 images/videos and new games will be announced. Post images, news and video links here. Personally I'm hoping for some in game PGR3 shots and some PD0 shots. I cannot wait to get my hands on the 360. I'll post some of the games we can look forward to tomorrow when I can be bothered.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:53
Regular
Oblivion's looking pretty damn nice, I just hope they can tone down the anal stats and dullness of the first game.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:51
Regular
No really, I am.

Tiger Woods games are some the best games of this generation, just a shame everyone looks at them and thinks "boring golf". EA have done an amazing job of turning a pretty dull sport into probably most fun and long lasting sports series of this generation.

Tons of depth and enough gaming to keep you going well into the next generation and beyond. Those graphics are simply amazing, which will only make a once superb game even superb...er.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:46
Regular
"8==="
Very funny.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:45
Regular
[URL]http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747898/img_2788778.html[/URL]

I'm sold.
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:27
Regular
"8==="
DMC - Dull Mashing Combos

MGS - Monotonous Gaming Slowness
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sounds like Microsoft trumped on their E3.
>
> Nintendo's show should be very interesting later today though. Unlike
> Microsoft, very little is actually known about what they'll be
> showing. I've seen some of the PS3 stuff and while technically
> impressive, I'm not gonna be taken in by Devil May Cry, MGS3 and
> whatever other dullness they showed.

From what I've read: Revolution is 2-3 times more powerful than Gamecube, Xbox360 is 13-15 times more powerful than Xbox, and PS3 is 35 times more powerful than PS2. Although that doesn't guarantee good games. Killzone looks amazing, if the game can live up to the clip. Spider-man and Getaway look good too. Never did liked DMC, or MGS - boring.

PS3 comes totally wireless - networking and controllers. 360 needs a wi-fi kit bought for it.
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Apparently it could be that only certain games will work. I might keep one of my Xbox's just incase. I'm still more interested in the 360 although the PS3 is impressive I can see it being very expensive. Some of the games for the 360 look stunning. Really can't wait for the next generation to kick off!
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:17
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Backwards compatible comfirmed. Bye bye Xbox!

I found this:

We were told that the "Xbox 360 will be backward-compatible with top-selling Xbox games." Now, what that means is open to interpretation, but it sounds like only some games will make the cut, as an emulator will be needed to play them properly (owing to the two systems' different architectures). However, it's probably safe to say that you'll be able to play Microsoft's very own titles like Halo 2 and Crimson Skies.

- - - -

So could it be that specific emulators will only do certain games? Kind of like that Bleemcast thing that was about on the DC?
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:07
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Daveus wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> 50 players online?
>
> What about lag? And voice communication?
>
>
> the Xbox360 comes with a headset yeah

But 50 people speaking at once? Its bad enough 16 in Big Team Battle on Halo 2.
Tue 17/05/05 at 12:28
Regular
Sounds like Microsoft trumped on their E3.

Nintendo's show should be very interesting later today though. Unlike Microsoft, very little is actually known about what they'll be showing. I've seen some of the PS3 stuff and while technically impressive, I'm not gonna be taken in by Devil May Cry, MGS3 and whatever other dullness they showed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.