GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New BA maps"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A pack for £2.99.

A week before Halo 2?

Fack off.
Sun 07/11/04 at 08:39
Regular
"Bah"
I think what grapo is trying to ssay is that halo is a part of our life whether you like it or not, a bit like the star wars films. the original doom and quake and the teletubbies. Its part of society and im actually looking foward to the story as much as the multiplayer side of things.

Bt the way Alistair all the comments i red about you ovr the last few weeks just make me feel sorry for you you worm
Sun 07/11/04 at 09:29
Regular
"All about the Beats"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> So this year I have played Far Cry, Doom 3 and Call of Duty: United
> Offensive a hell of a lot, all 3 excel for different reasons, one for
> all aspects.

These are all pc games.

Your in the wrong forum it seems.
Sun 07/11/04 at 09:55
Regular
"BOSE"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> So this year I have played Far Cry, Doom 3 and Call of Duty: United
> Offensive a hell of a lot, all 3 excel for different reasons, one for
> all aspects.
>
> Care to tell me again what Halo 2 will offer that the above don't? I
> couldn't give a sh*t about the s**tory so that aside I fail to see
> absolutely no reason to 'hype' Halo 2 up, I have had it on pre-order
> since they announced the Collectors Edition and I am sure it will be
> enjoyable.
>
> The Halo legacy is around the fact it is JUST a very tidy FPS and
> seeing as I have played FPS with far more depth this year I jus**t
> can't get overly excited about it.

ÂLŠ†ÂÎR if you don't give a s**t bout Halo/2 why did you pre-order Limited Edition Halo 2 when it was announced? If it's jus**t another FPS to YOU why not go to town some other day and get it?
Sun 07/11/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Touched!"
I think what people are forgetting is that Halo 2 doesn't really do anything radically new but it does what other FPS games do but as a package does a good job of implementing these features, I'd rather have a game like Halo 2 which pulls off ideas used in other games as long as they have a purpose and they actually work, there is nothing worse than a game that promises so much but offers so little.

At the end of the day if you like this type of game then buy it, if not then that's your choice, but everyone has an opinion so why waste time wanting people to hate/like the game? It's your money, your choice.
Sun 07/11/04 at 12:02
Regular
Daveus wrote:
> If it's just another FPS to YOU why not go to town some other day and get it?

Yeah sure, there are lots of shops selling US imports in my local town...

As for the PC comment, it doesn't make sense. The point is I have played them, regadless of what platform I want someone to tell me what Halo 2 will do that those haven't done in an equal of better capacity.
Sun 07/11/04 at 12:46
Regular
I'm looking forwrd to the game. But I'm not expecting it to change my life because afterall, it is just a computer game.
Sun 07/11/04 at 17:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> No, all you seem to read is idiots raving about a bog standard
> features like dual weapons.
>
>

I'm not. I think there are no new featres worth mentioning. I didn't like the first game. It doesn't seem to do much new.

But that won't stop me playing it on Live for months.
Mon 08/11/04 at 11:02
Why does a game have to do something new for you to enjoy it? A game doesnt even have to do anything new and it can still be the best game ever made. Not saying Halo is but you get my point.
Mon 08/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
The stuff Bungie's gonna be doing onine is gonna be new, certainly for consoles.

Though a lot of it revolves around clans which I really have no intrest in.
Mon 08/11/04 at 13:03
Regular
They have a massive clan database setup on Bungie.net but I have absolutely no interest in making 'dates' to play online. I play when I can be jacked to play and when I do I would rather play with elements of fun thrown in rather than an all 'hell on fire' type approach.

I 'REALLY' can't see the point in clans unless you have a serious gaming problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.