GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Strange men in toilets"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 13:41
Regular
"lets go back"
When ever I got out to clubs in town there are always these guys in the toilet (sounds pretty sick so far) who hand out paper towels and soap, and have an array of aftershaves so you can freshen up. They are unofficial toilet attendents who arent actually paid by the clubs, they make their money by getting tips from the people using the toilets. It really annoys me though because thy always want you to pay £1 and if you give anything less they get angry. So that means every time you go to the toilet you have to pay £1. Because I've been drinking I usually just give them the money without thinking properly. Plus (this isnt supposed to be racist) they are always black. I dont understand why its only ever black people who do this. They talk to you while you're at tht urinal too, which is just plain wrong!!

This may only be here in Liverpool and non of you have any idea what Im going on about. Anyway, my rant is over.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:14
Regular
Well I dont know all the places in Liverpool, only been twice, but I remember a few.

The people asking if you want the shots, theyre alright but not when they come back over time and time again when we say we dont want any. We bought the nice flavours off them but they came back trying to flog the disgusting ones, which I didnt appreciate after giving them tips.

Ah well.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:10
Regular
"lets go back"
I know thay cant actually do anything but its still an annoying that yuo have to try and dodge them on the way out. Id rather just be able to go and take a leak without having to think about all of this. And without them trying to talk to me too.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Geffdof wrote:
> Easier said than done. As soon as you walk over to the sink the creep
> up behind you and squirt soap into your hands, at least I think its
> soap ;)

Just say, "No thanks," and walk out once you've washed your hands. It's not as if they can do anything.

If they started on you I can guarantee everyone would back you up and beat the guy shitless.

I've never tipped them ever, I never use any of their 'services' either. If they were to squirt soap on my hands I'd say thanks and walk out once I'm done.

They can't do anything to you.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:05
Regular
"lets go back"
rosey wrote:
> Ive only seen the one guy in Liverpool and that was in the Walkabout,
>

That was the first place I saw one of them. They have spread now and seem to be in most places. The Revolution, Reflex, Modo, The Baracuda to name a few. They never seem to be the Krazy House so I think I'll just start going there more often.

>I didnt like the people in Bar Baa, they just kept coming over to us asking >if we wanted those crappy shots in the plastic cup with a foil lid

We love those people. We always buy all of their drinks off them in bulk for a reduced rate. We get wasted cheaply and it stops them bothering us cos they have no drinks left.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> I also went into the toilets in this proper chav bar and while I was
> washing my hands two blokes came out of the cubical (honest to god).

Charlie.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:50
Regular
I always get strange men talk to me in the toilets at pubs and bars. Some of the comments include:

(from an old bloke) "Wooaahh I wish I was your age; I could fire it straight out then"

(from another old bloke) "Ooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr"

(from a fat bloke while I was washing my hands) "Nah don't p*ss in the sink it's not nice!"

I also went into the toilets in this proper chav bar and while I was washing my hands two blokes came out of the cubical (honest to god).
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:49
Regular
Ive only seen the one guy in Liverpool and that was in the Walkabout, I think. I asked him how much it was because my mate seriously needed a bit of a spray and he pointed to the little silver plate he has, which had £3 in it. So I said "£3?" and he nodded. Rip-off.

I didnt like the people in Bar Baa, they just kept coming over to us asking if we wanted those crappy shots in the plastic cup with a foil lid.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Geffdof wrote:
> Easier said than done. As soon as you walk over to the sink the creep
> up behind you and squirt soap into your hands, at least I think its
> soap ;)

Then a "no, sorry, I don't need any help" is in order. You make no sign of wanting anything, they shouldn't expect anything in return.

We got hawkers in Gran Canaria (Never going back there again, It's an awful place)

These group of 5 women were walking around accosting people and attaching these plastic beads on a piece of nylon string around people wrists...Then demanding 20 euros for the privilage.

One of them grabbed at my hand while she was standing behind me. A quick removal of said hand, a spin around and "don't touch me!" soon convinced her to go elsewhere. True, being faced by a 6 foot 3, hungover, croaky voiced, bleary eyed and bad tempered bald headed guy might have had somthing to do with it.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:31
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
They're in every bar in my town centre. Was kind of funny in a way to start with (it's not funny in the slightest, I must have been wasted when I thought that) but now they're just bloody annoying. They all look like the same bloke as well, don't know if they're all brothers working the toilets*

*I don't think I could make that sound much worse.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I've only ever seen one and that was at a gig in Oxford. He had a pot of lollies but I thought I better not take one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.