GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Downloading And Laws"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I myself love a good song and as the majority of people, i have downloaded songs off the internet in the past. What i have recently found out is rather shocking. File-Sharing, is illegal. And if you download any song, thats fine, but it must be deleted within 24 hours. Is that all? Or anything else i should know about?
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:29
Regular
Don't share and it makes everything a whole lot harder to prove.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:29
Regular
You aren't actually prosecuted or working against the law unless you download vast quantities of songs or are tempted to share them.

Companies such as WinMX encourage sharing your MP3 collection by letting you download faster from a person who you are giving a song to. If you download in moderation, don't share and delete them after 24 hours your A-ok
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Chipseh wrote:
> File Sharing, itself, is not illegal, but the sharing of copyrighted
> material is. It's a big difference.

You've missed my point. Now that theyve declared that file sharing is legal, there is not much the RIAA can do to prevent commercial music being shared out on P2Ps; an the owners dont even need to worry.

Also, remember that none of the P2Ps advertise themselves using their legalised activities, all of them advertise themselves as "dl free music".

Anyways, its completely legal to dl copyrighted music in Canada. The Supreme Court there has ruled that uploading music on a website is nothing but creating a personal backup on the net which co-incidentially can be accessed by other people. Look through all the results that the link below displays.
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
File Sharing, itself, is not illegal, but the sharing of copyrighted material is. It's a big difference.

So yeah, you don't have to worry when you download that home-movie...
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Erm, "what I found is shocking. File Sharing is illegal!" Had a great laugh with that statement, because everyone knows thats morally unexpectable.

But in the recent past, many courts have declared file sharing as legal. Theyve compared the hype about file-sharing to that created by Betamax tapes and VCRs of Sony back in the 1980s.

[URL]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=netherland+%22file+sharing+is+legal%22&btnG=Search[/URL]

The 24 hour rule is complete humbug. You perform an offence the moment you initiate the download of an mp3 (if its dl is prohibited by laws).
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:26
Regular
People who download albums suck. I usally get one or two songs if I'm not completely sure about a certain album. Wouldn't have bought half as many if it wasn't for downloading.
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:25
"period drama"
"duh"
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:25
Regular
"[C * ]"
For 'rizzle
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:59
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Man 'izzle
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Mozzy"
Fo shizzle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.