GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Downloading And Laws"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I myself love a good song and as the majority of people, i have downloaded songs off the internet in the past. What i have recently found out is rather shocking. File-Sharing, is illegal. And if you download any song, thats fine, but it must be deleted within 24 hours. Is that all? Or anything else i should know about?
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:52
Regular
I download files of all types. I can admit that freely. I'm just asking to be taken to a court of law aren't I?
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:52
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hoju wrote:
> I download music all the time. Whos going to catch me. Ha.

It's entirely possible you'll be caught. It was on the news a few weeks ago that quite a few people had been caught. Someone had downloaded about nine thousand songs and had to pay a fine of quite a few thousand pounds.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:51
Regular
Was a common rumour spread on emulation sites was that ol' 24 hour rule - utter carp however.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:50
Regular
Hoju wrote:
> I download music all the time. Whos going to catch me. Ha.
>
> [S]*looks around shiftily*[S]

You'd be suprised, I think it was ChippXero who got an angry letter from Paramount once for downloading.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:49
Regular
The 24 hours thing is bull isn't it? And you didn't know that downloading songs that you normally buy for free wasn't illegal? I'm not even going to comment on that one.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:48
Regular
I download music all the time. Whos going to catch me. Ha.

[S]*looks around shiftily*[S]
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
The Winster wrote:
> unexpectable

Wha cha?
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:45
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> Don't share and they won't sue you! They wanna kill off the people
> providing the music so that they don't have to worry about the people
> downloading because there's nothing to download.

Pretty much. I suppose I should stop telling people not to share otherwise I'll kill off my own supply of music.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The Winster wrote:
> You've missed my point. Now that theyve declared that file sharing is
> legal, there is not much the RIAA can do to prevent commercial music
> being shared out on P2Ps; an the owners dont even need to worry.
>
> Also, remember that none of the P2Ps advertise themselves using their
> legalised activities, all of them advertise themselves as "dl
> free music".

They can't stop the music being shared by attacking the P2P systems, but they can stop it being shared by suing the end user who has the illegally obtained music.

If you share music, you will eventually get caught.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
MJ wrote:
> Don't share and it makes everything a whole lot harder to prove.

Don't share and they won't sue you! They wanna kill off the people providing the music so that they don't have to worry about the people downloading because there's nothing to download.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.