GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why you should vote today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/05/05 at 07:58
Regular
"not dead"
That is, if you're legally entitled to.

If you don't vote, then you can't really complain when promises are inevitably broken.

If you don't vote you can't swear whenever they come on the TV or radio.

If you don't vote you're saying they can do what the heck they like.

Whilst it may seem entirely futile, if you don't vote you haven't even tried to do anything about it.

This morning I figured that the Government is a little like Top Cat. They'll place a shiny coin in your hand, and tell you how great they are, but just before your fingers close around it they'll snatch it away with that little bit of string attached to it that you never noticed.

Mind you, when the choice is between a smug, lying, patronising sycophant, a man that looks like a particularly greasy sexual pervert, and a ginger, alcoholic gnone (and face facts, ginger is an issue, that's why Labour never got in under Kinnock), then I can see why you'd be tempted not to...
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:19
Yeah me too, though I did leave thinking I brought it along. Didn't need my ID either - just said my name and bingo. Could have done some rigging there, if I was careful.
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oswaldo! wrote:
> I would have voted - if only I hadn't lost my damn voting card! :P

I didn't get one. I got up off my ass, went around to the polling station and asked if I was registered there. I was. I voted. :P
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:08
Regular
Charles Kennedy is drunk and Scottish.

What more could you want from a leader?

I hope he stands for the next election.
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Just remembered! I read something in the local paper on the same day about how a local single mum had still not recieved her voting card through the post, yet her two daughter's - aged 5 and 13! - had already recieved theirs the week before!

Makes, you wonder sometimes, doesn't it...
Wed 11/05/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I would have voted - if only I hadn't lost my damn voting card! :P

The Lib Dems were my choice. Why? Well, I'm very much in the dark about these things (politics and all that), but whoever I've spoken to, without bringing up the subject, every person seemed to be against voting Conservative. So, that was them out of the equation.

Personally, I've never liked Tony Blair. It's not about the war in Iraq or any of that - which I disagreed with anyway - I've just... Never liked the bloke, full-stop! I believe you can tell a lot about any person by looking at their eyes. Evil people have evil eyes. Cowards always look afraid. Tony Blair, on the other hand, has the same look of greed you'll see in a money-hungry businessman (just use Chelsea's Peter Kenyon as an example there).

But no, that wasn't what turned me against him this time. I know a lot of people were going to vote Labour on the basis that 'we're screwed either way, so why change things when change will only cause greater disruption?'.

I saw something on the news the night before, and this was when my mind was made up. What did the Conservative party have to say? "Tony Blair's done this wrong, that wrong, everything wrong, moan-moan-moan!"
The man himself came up with "Voting them will let in the Torieths, hithss-hithss-hithss - oooh, how'ths my hair lovey?"
Then I saw Charles Kennedy, the Lib Dem bloke. He was fat, he was ginger, he looked shattered. But what did he have to say... Only the truth.

What he WANTED to give this country. Changes he'd LIKE to see brought into action. I took no notice of what these things actually were, but the point is, he wasn't making promises he couldn't keep, just to get himself as king in the castle. He wasn't part of this immateur handbag and cat-slaps contest going on between Blair and Brown.

THERE was our true leader, to get this country back on its feet again!
Wed 11/05/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Cheers man.
Wed 11/05/05 at 12:34
Regular
Light wrote:
> Make no bones about it; I still find your beliefs about voting to be
> incredibly selfish. However, that is what agreeing to disagree is
> for.

Arrr, must.. resist.. urge.. to.. reclarify.. argument.. in.. response.. to.. selfish.. comment...

To be honest, I still feel people aren't quite getting where I'm coming from, but I doubt I'm going to make it any clearer.

So, agreeing to disagree it is.

I love you light *hugs*
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Strafio wrote:

> That confused me too. I think it's supposed to read:
> Light [has a] problem with the fact that he [Mumbai] sees voting as
> pointless

Ah! That would be it. I presume so anyway.
Tue 10/05/05 at 10:11
Regular
Light wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> Light's problem is with the fact that he sees voting as pointless,
> and
> a "personal ritual", rather than something important that
> we
> all should do.
>
> Erm...I'm assuming you meant Mumbai?

That confused me too. I think it's supposed to read:
Light [has a] problem with the fact that he [Mumbai] sees voting as pointless

Unless it IS you with the problem! :-P
Tue 10/05/05 at 08:56
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mumbai Duck wrote:

> I mean pointless in that is has no effect.
> The 'personal ritual' description was meant to show that since the
> vote didn't change things, it was only symbolic.
>
> I think my choice of words may have riled light a little further.
> *Shrugs* There's only so much you can do to stop people implying
> whatever they want onto what you write. Look at any religious text...

Okay...

This could go on forever, and simply get more vitriolic. I apologise for starting the insults; however ridiculous I find your view that voting doesn't matter (have you any idea how many people I've met who have said "my vote doesn't count"? If all of those people had voted, it would have made a massive difference to the election result.), there's no need to rip straight into you for it.

Make no bones about it; I still find your beliefs about voting to be incredibly selfish. However, that is what agreeing to disagree is for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.