GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... Give It A Name..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 10:43
Regular
"\\"
...Did anyone other me and HE go?

Any way. 'Twas good.

Me Without You - Was good. If only for laughing at the singer.

Fightstar - I only heard these as I was lining up at the bar for their entire set. They sounded OK though. Nothing all that special. But listenable.

Mae - I can't remember these very well. But they weren't all that brilliant.

The Lucky Nine - First band I was looking forward to. And I was right to look forward to them. They were great. Not many strong songs, but those that were, were brilliant. Hibernate still being my favourite. Shall buy their album when it comes out.

Alexisonfire - One word to describe these live : Jism. Very definitely the best band I've seen live. Go see them.

Rise Against - Aaah. My favourite band. Not perfect live. But they played Dead Ringer, which made me surprised and very happy. No Like The Angel or Broken English though :( Probably would have enjoyed them more if I hadn't have killed my self to AOF previously.

Coheed & Cambria - Naff.

Finch - Really don't live up to their recorded stuff. Nothing special again.

Funeral For A Friend - Very good live. Great fun.

Brilliant day I'd say. Although I would very much like the ability to move my neck back. Owwey :(
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:19
Regular
Yes I'm the moron for thinking someone could type properly.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:20
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hoju wrote:
> I have no idea what any of this is about.

Then why bother posting?
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:21
Regular
"\\"
Apart from missing a word, and saying "me and HE" instead of "HE and I", it's perfectly fine.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:23
Regular
Ok it's fine.
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:05
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Hmmmm Yes quite an excellent day too.

Quite a few bad points though... i.e having to queue for nearly 2 hours for food. £2.00 for a small bottle of water and basically just the fact that it wasn't very well organised past those 2 big curtains which devided the room. Why the hell were they there anyway, it wouldn't have been so bad if you were queuing with the stage to look at but no, just 2 big black curtains. Also, they only had ONE water fountain (that I knew of) for like 4000 people.

I was just about to pay for my 4 (YES 4) burgers, only because I couldn't be bothered to queue up again so I knew I had to fill my stomach and the crazy biatch at the till decided to close the shutter down on us so that no one else could push into the queue. So there were like 20 people shut in this very small space, it was so claustrophobic and horrible.

That being really the only bad part about the event. Yes, the bands were great. VERY disappointed by Finch though. Their new Material is not as good as their old in my opinion, except 'Brother Bleed Brother' and as for their sound setup, it was absolutely terrible. Couldn't hear the guitars at all.

Coheed had the best sound, you could hear every riff and note. Funeral were the best atmosphere for singing and pittage and yeah I agree Alexis were my Fav. Oh, and charlie from Fightstar cant scream very well.

I also met the guitarist from Hondo for the second time and got a photo with him (SCORE) AND I found a £10.00 note outside the venue on the way out. And last but not least, think I got on TV or something with my friend cos there was a woman walking around outside with a massive camera asking what people thought of FFAF and the whole day and we looked very cool by screaming at the top of our voices 'IT WAS F*****G AWESOME'. . . and we can scream.

All in all, a very good evening but woulda been disappointed if it was like £50 a ticket.
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Emitime wrote:
> You missed Alexisonfire. That is something to be pished off about.
> They are f***ing good.

They're covering Geek USA on a Pumpkins tribute CD.

*cracks knuckles and trembles*
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:43
Regular
It will obviously suck though. Because we have the original.
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well duuuh.

Maybe it will enlighten these maggots....
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:52
Regular
"\\"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> Hmmmm Yes quite an excellent day too.
>
> Quite a few bad points though... i.e having to queue for nearly 2
> hours for food. £2.00 for a small bottle of water and basically
> just the fact that it wasn't very well organised past those 2 big
> curtains which devided the room. Why the hell were they there anyway,
> it wouldn't have been so bad if you were queuing with the stage to
> look at but no, just 2 big black curtains. Also, they only had ONE
> water fountain (that I knew of) for like 4000 people.

Nothing wrong with drinking out the sinks in the toilets :P

> I was just about to pay for my 4 (YES 4) burgers, only because I
> couldn't be bothered to queue up again

Me and my two friends bought about twenty beers between us after one session of queuing up. Wasn't really looking forward to wasting another hour in that queue.

>
> That being really the only bad part about the event. Yes, the bands
> were great. VERY disappointed by Finch though. Their new Material is
> not as good as their old in my opinion, except 'Brother Bleed
> Brother' and as for their sound setup, it was absolutely terrible.
> Couldn't hear the guitars at all.

I was mightily impressed by them. Only because a live video i'd seen was completely terrible, they had much improved on that. Which was good. But did they play 'Stay with me'?

They did the little drum roll intro, and the singer said "This is Stay with me" (well I heard it as that), but I really didn't recognise anything that came after :S

> All in all, a very good evening but woulda been disappointed if it
> was like £50 a ticket.

I think my friend did pay over £50 in the end. He lost his ticket, so had to buy one from one of those guys outside selling them.
Wed 04/05/05 at 16:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Incidentally, having seen Finch, are they worth going to see live?

They've just announced a UK tour for July (yes another)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.