GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... Give It A Name..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 10:43
Regular
"\\"
...Did anyone other me and HE go?

Any way. 'Twas good.

Me Without You - Was good. If only for laughing at the singer.

Fightstar - I only heard these as I was lining up at the bar for their entire set. They sounded OK though. Nothing all that special. But listenable.

Mae - I can't remember these very well. But they weren't all that brilliant.

The Lucky Nine - First band I was looking forward to. And I was right to look forward to them. They were great. Not many strong songs, but those that were, were brilliant. Hibernate still being my favourite. Shall buy their album when it comes out.

Alexisonfire - One word to describe these live : Jism. Very definitely the best band I've seen live. Go see them.

Rise Against - Aaah. My favourite band. Not perfect live. But they played Dead Ringer, which made me surprised and very happy. No Like The Angel or Broken English though :( Probably would have enjoyed them more if I hadn't have killed my self to AOF previously.

Coheed & Cambria - Naff.

Finch - Really don't live up to their recorded stuff. Nothing special again.

Funeral For A Friend - Very good live. Great fun.

Brilliant day I'd say. Although I would very much like the ability to move my neck back. Owwey :(
Tue 03/05/05 at 18:58
Regular
I've never been to a gig like this before, should I be expecting to get mashed around quite a lot? I mean the music gives me the impression that the crowd's going to be full of energy, but I've still got no idea what to expect.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:02
Regular
"\\"
Depends where you're stood. The further away from the stage you are, the calmer it is. Ranges from people standing with a gap between them, then people from either sides of the gap throwing themselves at the other side, to people just sat down.

Although the throwing yourself around is far far FAR more fun.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:06
Regular
Sounds good then, will see what the evening brings. I'm not overly keen on the whole idea of throwing myself around, but never know what mood I may be in once the atmosphere hits me. Both of the people I'm going with are smaller than me anyway, so I'll let them get squashed first.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
MJ wrote:
> will see what the evening brings.

Which gig are you going to?

And I agree completely, the first gig I ever went to, I was just nodding standing around enjoying the music at the back for the support bands, and then when the main band came on, me and my mate just got completely caught up in it.

The fact that it was InMe didn't even matter :-D
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
CDouch wrote:
> What was the new Finch material like?
>
> More of the same or are they taking a new, harder direction?

I'd say it was a bit heavier, but then again, most things sound heavier live.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:50
Regular
"\\"
Highly Excitable wrote:
> The fact that it was InMe didn't even matter :-D

Heh. InMe was nearly my first gig. Then I didn't go.
Tue 03/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
[URL]http://www.finchmusic.com/downloads/[/URL]

There's two songs from the new album here. The one I'm listening to seems to prove my theory of a new Nu-Metal direction. It has its moments though.
Tue 03/05/05 at 20:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Stupid site. It requires you to join to let you hear the song, but won't let me join!

I'll have to make do with the sample at the opening of the site.
Tue 03/05/05 at 20:09
Regular
Highly Excitable wrote:

> Which gig are you going to?

Alexisonfire vs. Rise Against at the Islington Academy.
Tue 03/05/05 at 20:11
Regular
"\\"
CDouch wrote:
> Stupid site. It requires you to join to let you hear the song, but
> won't let me join!
>
> I'll have to make do with the sample at the opening of the site.

[URL]http://www.purevolume.com/finch[/URL]

It's there if you want it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.