GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 08/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
...who really isn't that excited about Halo 2?

I've read a couple of reviews, and most of them have left me thinking "Yeah, so what?" I've got it pre-ordered and I'm not going to cancel it.

I'm just left feeling a little underwhelmed, especially as I don't have Live.

Still, hopefully it will live up to my own expectations....
Mon 08/11/04 at 15:47
Regular
You can shoot people off the warthogs now, can't you? That would rule for multiplayer.
Mon 08/11/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> LIVE would've been a hell of a lot more fun if I hadn't played PC
> online before LIVE was released. Has the "been there, got bored
> of that" feeling.
-----

Yep.
The first couple months I played online was good fun, but then it slowly became more and more dull with cheats or people that were either far too good or absolutely awful.
It's just not much fun to play online after a while, and the notion of sitting there with a headset on being insulted by pointdexters really doesn't do it for me.

Offline is what I enjoy from a game.
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
Nope, I'm with you Your Honour.

To be honest, I'm not that excited. Yes, I have pre-ordered the game and I do want to play it, but I feel the same as I did when I purchased all my other games.

At the end of the day, it's just a video game. You didn't see N64 owners crying at the sight of Ocarina so I don't know why so many Xbox owners are being very childish and jumping around like 3 year olds at the thought of Halo 2. At that includes the Xbox magazines (OXM, shame on you).

What is this world coming to?
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
lcarus wrote:
> [URL]http://www.redvsblue.com/archive/download.php/?id=138[/URL]

Thats so funny!

:D
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:27
Regular
"eat toast!"
i'm not excited about halo 2 because i'm spending more time worrying or busy over my uni assignment. Its to be handed in tommorrow and the next one on friday and the one after that is next friday.

During that time i hopefully should have time to go OMG HALO 2 ROCKS! and the such.
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:39
What's it about?
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:41
Regular
'The Assasintion of Master Chief'
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:49
Which one? [URL]http://www.uscg.mil/hq/mcpocg/1cmc/cmcbio.htm[/URL]
Mon 08/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
Heh, nice one :D

Anyway, how are you Icarus? Aint seen you for a while.
Mon 08/11/04 at 17:32
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> LIVE would've been a hell of a lot more fun if I hadn't played PC
> online before LIVE was released. Has the "been there, got bored
> of that" feeling.

Other than the PC thing, after watching a video walkthrough thing of one of the Halo 2 multiplayer levels, I kinda feel the same.

Haven't been on Live properly now for a long time and to be honest I'm not sure if I can be bothered with putting up with all the assholes online.

I'll try it out and see how good it is, but I can't say I'm particuarly excited about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.