GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 08/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
...who really isn't that excited about Halo 2?

I've read a couple of reviews, and most of them have left me thinking "Yeah, so what?" I've got it pre-ordered and I'm not going to cancel it.

I'm just left feeling a little underwhelmed, especially as I don't have Live.

Still, hopefully it will live up to my own expectations....
Tue 09/11/04 at 15:38
Regular
Imagination takes brainpower, you shock me.
Tue 09/11/04 at 14:59
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It's because they are usually the first ones to have an opinion on
> games which makes them "useful" resources. As I have said,
> I will play it and see for myself which should be Friday/Saturday of
> this week.
>
> I only use them as a guide and by making my own opinion from what I
> have seen from the game/s.

Even if you love the game you couldnt bring yourself to admit it here. I can imagine the anti Halo 2 posts in a few days time from you.

You mutha!
Tue 09/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"BOSE"
Cyclone wrote:
> Anyway you look at it, it's pretty damn good - regardless of its
> flaws. Stop your nit picking and get it - hell, there's not much else
> to get on Xbox at the moment...

Yeah, there's only about 5 games to choose from at the moment :-S
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:32
Regular
It's because they are usually the first ones to have an opinion on games which makes them "useful" resources. As I have said, I will play it and see for myself which should be Friday/Saturday of this week.

I only use them as a guide and by making my own opinion from what I have seen from the game/s.
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:22
Regular
I think some people take this whole computer gaming thing a bit too seriously.

They're only reviews, at the end of the day what really counts is your own opinion of the game.
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Touched!"
Personally I think IGN are pants compared to Gamespot, I think gamespot prefer to give an honest and trustworthy review, they gave it 9.4 so in my eyes that's good enough to keep me wanting the game, I knew it would have flaws and I mainly wanted it for the live play, single player was always a bonus for me.
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:08
Regular
This must be purely Halo 2 related.

I mistrust their reviews because they are inconsistent. Pretty much every game I won't make a final decision until I have actually played it for myself as my fingers have been burnt in the past by me writing off a perfectly enjoyable game.

When it is one or two review sites raving about flaws then I usually ignore but pretty much every review I have read has stated that there are still level design issues.
I don't distrust every review on first look but when I read reviews on IGN and then watch the video reviews, they constantly contradict themselves and are completely inconsistent in pointing out clear game flaws. In this instance I don't trust them; this occurs with pretty much EVERY IGN review.

Gamespot are more consistent and I actually prefer them to any other review site for realistic review scores, as with Halo though they are wrong from time to time.
Tue 09/11/04 at 11:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, not in this sense, in other ways - you don't seem to look past the flaws that have been highlighted by the very reviews you claim to mistrust.
Tue 09/11/04 at 11:53
Regular
I still fail to understand how I was putting the game down, I was pointing out what Normal Mapping is and how good it looks. Quite the opposite.

Plus it isn't geekspeak or coding speak, it is pretty common knowledge.
Tue 09/11/04 at 11:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, I wasn't saying you should speak less coding-speak (wteva), it's just that you seem determined to see the bad side of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.