GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hl 2 cd-rom?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 08/11/04 at 20:51
"everyone must die!"
i am and have been for a long time been waiting for half life 2 to come out. i have seen dvd-rom versions of the game but not seen a cd-rom version. As i have only a cd-drive and cd-rewriter i need cd-roms. What will also be included in the different packages with half life 2?
Fri 12/11/04 at 14:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ah, the benefit of working :-) Bought my 3D card ages ago, primarily for Half Life 2. Then it went and got delayed. Not much of a problem though, that card has served me well over the last 12 months.
Thu 11/11/04 at 20:36
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Shame my beast PC has a CRAP graphics card...

*pats Cyclone on the back* There, there I know how you feel. I'm currently saving up for a GFX card so I can play HL 2 but I got a little side-tracked and spent the money elsewhere so now I'm down to £20 :( So, I've got 5 days to save up money for a new GFX card AND Half-Life 2...looks like you'll all be playing it before me :(
Thu 11/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ah ok thanks.
Thu 11/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> This is a bit off topic but when we get HL2, how do we get CS Source?
> Will it be a freely downloadable mod like CS was to HL or...?
> I haven't been following.

You'll only need to download it if you buy the game via Steam, otherwise it comes as a seperate game that will be bundled with the retail version.
Thu 11/11/04 at 13:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
kurt wrote:
> racing game?
> arent we talking about half-life 2 here?

Actually, if you want to be pedantic, the original post was about the different types of media the game may come on, not the game itself. Does anyone care?
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
This is a bit off topic but when we get HL2, how do we get CS Source? Will it be a freely downloadable mod like CS was to HL or...?
I haven't been following.
Wed 10/11/04 at 19:38
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
kurt wrote:
> racing game?
> arent we talking about half-life 2 here?

We got a little side tracked, but it does use the HL2 Physics engine, which is where we span off from
Wed 10/11/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Monster kill!"
cipro wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> Downloaded the demo last night. OMG, how much fun? Especially the
> High Jump event... Never laughed so hard at the expense of some poor
> sod being slung from his car in the name of entertainment.
>
> It's the racing game I've been waiting for now for years. Forget
> realism, I just want to see how many things you can destroy. The full
> game has even more bonus tracks, Human Darts anyone?
>
> The handling can be a bit iffy at times, I spend most of the races
> sliding around corners, but with so many things being destructible I
> really couldn't care how realistic the cars handle.

racing game?
arent we talking about half-life 2 here?
Wed 10/11/04 at 15:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Tyla wrote:
> Downloaded the demo last night. OMG, how much fun? Especially the
> High Jump event... Never laughed so hard at the expense of some poor
> sod being slung from his car in the name of entertainment.

It's the racing game I've been waiting for now for years. Forget realism, I just want to see how many things you can destroy. The full game has even more bonus tracks, Human Darts anyone?

The handling can be a bit iffy at times, I spend most of the races sliding around corners, but with so many things being destructible I really couldn't care how realistic the cars handle.
Wed 10/11/04 at 15:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> The single statement of 'pushing filing cabinets to make barricades'
> has made Half Life 2 go -----------------------+1000 in my
> anticipation-o-meter. It was high before, but now I'm slightly dizzy.
> Possibly.

It was actually quite fun to see such things in action. The terrorists where using objects to block doorways to slow down counter-terrorists from rescuing hostages.

Being an online game though, you got the usual "n00b Cam0rz", obviously because the sound strategy to prevent an opposing team from securing objectives you have to defend is flail your arms about and charge head first into the other teams bullets.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in Half Life 2 with those physics, remembering that video where Gordon push’s a table behind a door to prevent a soldier from breaking in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.