GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with PS2 DVD player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/04/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My friend has his PS2 plugged through his video using the S-Video cable that comes with his PS2. When he plays DVDs he gets problems with the picture flashing dark and light.

Is there anything he can do to sort this out? Like getting a different scart cable?

~Thanks~
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My friend has his PS2 plugged through his video using the S-Video cable that comes with his PS2. When he plays DVDs he gets problems with the picture flashing dark and light.

Is there anything he can do to sort this out? Like getting a different scart cable?

~Thanks~
Thu 28/04/05 at 12:38
Regular
"..."
Bin the PS2?
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:09
Regular
"com here 4 fablecha"
well he really doesnt need a cable to whach it on... Has he tried just hooking up the ps2 and then placing the dvd inside the game slot?
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:12
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> My friend has his PS2 plugged through his video using the S-Video
> cable that comes with his PS2. When he plays DVDs he gets problems
> with the picture flashing dark and light.

It does that because it thinks you are trying to illegally copy the DVD, it's kind of a copy-protection thingy.

It only happens when you are running the PS2 through the video player. Not that I tried it :-D

Plug it in the telly and it'll be fine.
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:13
Regular
"com here 4 fablecha"
hey! i just said that! uh... sorta
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:15
Regular
fablebaby! wrote:
> well he really doesnt need a cable to whach it on... Has he tried just
> hooking up the ps2 and then placing the dvd inside the game slot?

Okay...

...am I the only one who didn't understand that at all?
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
It happened to me, but that was because i had a multi-scart socket - e.g.

**************************>SCART (PS2)
**************************>SCART (DVD Player)
TV -----> SCART----------->SCART (DVD Recorder)
**************************>SCART (VCR Player)
**************************>SCART
**************************>SCART

But it caused interference between the different things, so i had to unplug them all and just have the PS2 going into the scart.

* = nothing there
- = leads/wires
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:18
Regular
I bought a multi-scart adapter the other day but the sound doesn't work on anything I plug in it for some reason.

Any ideas?
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I dont know mate, it all worked for me.

I expect you have already tried, but make sure the scarts are plugged in all the way into the adapter and into the unit you are using. Otherwise take it back and ask the people you got it off of, they will probably give you another one or tell you to sod off, one or the other
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:22
Regular
Yeah.

I got it from an ex-cat shop for £3.99. Come to think of it that was pretty stupid. Ex-catalogue is basically synonymous with "crap that doesn't work properly, right? What did i expect?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.