GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas Sucks: It's official"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 09/11/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Unretired"
I've read many negative reviews so far and after playing the game myself I fully agree that this game is disapointing. It truly is a shame to see such a waste of potential in what could of been the best game of 2004, quite easily.

Just one of the reviews that shares my opinion can be read at this location:
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2478

;-)
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Funnily enough, the only times the game loads is when you go into a building like everyone knew before hand ... 6 - 10 seconds tops for waiting ... not exactly a lifetime is it?
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:08
Regular
""
>"This is a tough game to review, not because of all of the hype surrounding it, but because of the way Rockstar Interactive intimidates reviewers into giving their game a good score. Rockstar sent a letter to every review publication, including Truth Media, and basically said that their game must recieve a good score. No, they did not outright say it, but if you read between the lines you could see where they were coming from."

LOL

>"Truth Media is not a publication that can be bought off with free games and coupons. We want our readers to know the truth about which games to buy, and which games to leave to rot in the bargain bin."

Yeah right

>"Grand Theft Auto V isn't even fit for the bargain bin."

Is it just me or isn't it call GTA:SA not GTA V (seeing how GTA 4 was never made)
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I think they truly do suck balls big time.

Just turned my PS2 on and from a cold boot to standing in San Fiero was about 1 min 45 seconds, not bad for a game this size.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:12
Regular
""
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> I've read many negative reviews so far and after playing the game
> myself I fully agree that this game is disapointing. It truly is a
> shame to see such a waste of potential in what could of been
> the best game of 2004, quite easily.
>
> Just one of the reviews that shares my opinion can be read at this
> location:
> http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2478
>
> ;-)

by the way, have you actually played the game? or just making up your mind by reading what those idiots wrote?
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:13
Regular
"cachoo"
Jive wrote:
> They're moaning about the loading times

Oops.. only read a few lines.. :)

Jive wrote:
> not bad for a game this size.

That is kinda also what I meant. It's fantastic for it's size!
Grr.. gonna have to go play it now!
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Unretired"
l33t wrote:
> by the way, have you actually played the game? or just making up your
> mind by reading what those idiots wrote?

As I already stated in the initial post, yes I have played the game.

Also don't you think "Suck balls" is becoming a little monotonous in this thread, hell a simple cuss word would suffice as long as you use a different one each time to avoid boring repetition.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Unretired"
I must admit i'm quite fond of the idea of reading a bunch of incoherent hate mail from a bunch of games obsessed freaks.
Therefore I thought i'd try to aid the process of one of SA's features called "TruthMedia".
Heres what was posted on the front page:

"Now friends, if you'll remember correctly the whole point of this s*** is to circulate the link to the Truth Media article throughout the Grand Theft Auto community and see how many people you can trick into thinking it's a real, legitimate review. We'll know you've done your job correctly when we are pelted with retarded flame mail after flame mail. Just be sure NOT to harass or flood people with the link. The whole purpose of Truth Media is to showcase the stupidity of mindless fanboys who base their entire life around a video game. Help spread the good word today!
"

Only problem was I think I chose the wrong place, I incorrectly assumed that the majority of PS2 owners on these forums would be the material SA are looking for, but I think I may be wrong.

Anyway I apologize for wrongly making the assumption that there would be a lot of illiterate under aged fanboy gamers that would provide amusing responses and emails.

I guess I'll have to try Gamefaqs!

EC Out.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:31
Regular
People actually take Somethingawful.com seriously?

Oh dear.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Unretired"
Seriously? I take it quite light heartedly.
Like I said in the last post I enjoy reading about the stupidity of others, and as you can see there is plenty to be found here: http://www.somethingawful.com/truthmedia/

The only times I browse the internet are when I have nothing better to do, and having nothing better to do I thought i'd try to help the latest truth media feature.

If your comment was aimed at someone else then ignore everything above.
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:41
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> If your comment was aimed at someone else then ignore everything
> above.

I shall do just that then :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.