GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trying to be suicidal..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/04/05 at 18:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
And so it is that my next and final :' { show is coming up. Based on Jim Cartwright's play, "Road", I have landed the role of Joey. He's young, seventeen, and idealistic. He also starves himself to death! Yup, I'm suicidal.

I've done many things at college: been a lead role, played someone HIV Positive, done street theatre, been a panto character, taught school children, been a lead in a dance show. But this is by far the most complex role I've ever been faced with, and possibly always will be.

How do I step into this role? What's it like to be suicidal? You're seventeen, got a girlfriend who really cares for you (Who dies in your arms), what's your motivation?
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:47
"period drama"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I tried my lines infront of a mate at the local last night, shouting
> the c-word over the music that was playing in a packed pub was
> reasonably new to me.

You haven't lived.
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:41
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I tried my lines infront of a mate at the local last night, shouting the c-word over the music that was playing in a packed pub was reasonably new to me. I'm afraid for now I still don't understand him anymore than I did. Although I've noticed he goes from being calm one minute to raging the next quite often.
Sat 23/04/05 at 19:05
Regular
"0228"
So you commit suicide and then you dance. Brilliant.
Sat 23/04/05 at 19:04
Regular
"For One Night Only"
About twenty minutes.

But I may get to be in a few dances, so I can't complain.

Anyway, off to the pub now to learn my lines and quench my thirst.
Sat 23/04/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How long is your part?
Sat 23/04/05 at 19:02
Regular
"For One Night Only"
JFH wrote:
> So is the whole play just this scene or is there a load of ftuff that
> happens before this?

This is just one storyline. There's a few different storylines, mine just happens to be one of them. The rest of them are nowhere near as tragic, but there is a lot of sexual references and swearing, and people who are unhappy with themselves. It's a night out in Bolton.
Sat 23/04/05 at 19:00
Regular
"0228"
So is the whole play just this scene or is there a load of ftuff that happens before this?
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
JFH wrote:
> Why don't you just do Romeo and Juliet? The reasons for suicides make
> far more sense in that.

Because it's lazy, you dont really need to think about motivation in R & J, this is far more interesting.
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:58
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Also he learns from his girlfriend's death that there is NO sign. Unfortunately, he's starved himself far too long and dies just after learning his lesson.
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:58
Regular
"0228"
Food or a doctor would be more helpful. Seriously, if you saw somebody in such a terrible state your first instinct would be to call 999.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.