GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trying to be suicidal..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/04/05 at 18:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
And so it is that my next and final :' { show is coming up. Based on Jim Cartwright's play, "Road", I have landed the role of Joey. He's young, seventeen, and idealistic. He also starves himself to death! Yup, I'm suicidal.

I've done many things at college: been a lead role, played someone HIV Positive, done street theatre, been a panto character, taught school children, been a lead in a dance show. But this is by far the most complex role I've ever been faced with, and possibly always will be.

How do I step into this role? What's it like to be suicidal? You're seventeen, got a girlfriend who really cares for you (Who dies in your arms), what's your motivation?
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Did a readthrough with my on-stage partner Kasia and our tutor Andy today.

Makes a little more sense now. Clare (the girlfriend) does experience a vision before she dies and I don't :(

I'd cry but I'm so dry from all my non-drinking...
Mon 25/04/05 at 12:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying a whole day without eating just to see if that
> triggers any feelings.

If you're going to do it at least do it properly and go 2 or 3, one day without food is nothing.
It's pretty pointless though, you'd be missing out on the whole self contained thing anyway.
Mon 25/04/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying a whole day without eating just to see if that
> triggers any feelings.

"Dear boy, it's called acting." - Laurence Olivier upon seeing Dustin Hoffman's "method" acting by not sleeping and making a mess of himself to get into character while shooting "Marathon Man".
Mon 25/04/05 at 12:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yo, De Niro - how about realising acting is pretending?
Did you research what a spaceman would feel when you played with toys as a kid?
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:36
"period drama"
Oh. My. God.
Please, just get on with it.

You're feeling suicidal - how hard it that to imagine?
Use your head.

Starving yourself? Ahaharahhrar
You're final thoughts there: "Hmmm ... yes, I'm quite hungry now. This what it must be like to starve yourself to death!"

*claps*

And you need no excuses to use certain swear words.

Sometimes I worry about you.
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I'm thinking of trying a whole day without eating just to see if that triggers any feelings.
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Turn up drunk to the actual thing. Guaranteed laughs ahoy.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:05
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The Big C is in the script. I have to say it twice.

Atlast - A reason.
Sun 24/04/05 at 18:57
"period drama"
I'll resist the obvious innuendo opportunities, just for you.

One must vary their language, of course.
But, for me, the big C retains all her bite.
Sun 24/04/05 at 18:01
Regular
I always found 'wan*er' much more satisfying

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.