GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trying to be suicidal..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/04/05 at 18:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
And so it is that my next and final :' { show is coming up. Based on Jim Cartwright's play, "Road", I have landed the role of Joey. He's young, seventeen, and idealistic. He also starves himself to death! Yup, I'm suicidal.

I've done many things at college: been a lead role, played someone HIV Positive, done street theatre, been a panto character, taught school children, been a lead in a dance show. But this is by far the most complex role I've ever been faced with, and possibly always will be.

How do I step into this role? What's it like to be suicidal? You're seventeen, got a girlfriend who really cares for you (Who dies in your arms), what's your motivation?
Fri 22/04/05 at 18:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
And so it is that my next and final :' { show is coming up. Based on Jim Cartwright's play, "Road", I have landed the role of Joey. He's young, seventeen, and idealistic. He also starves himself to death! Yup, I'm suicidal.

I've done many things at college: been a lead role, played someone HIV Positive, done street theatre, been a panto character, taught school children, been a lead in a dance show. But this is by far the most complex role I've ever been faced with, and possibly always will be.

How do I step into this role? What's it like to be suicidal? You're seventeen, got a girlfriend who really cares for you (Who dies in your arms), what's your motivation?
Fri 22/04/05 at 19:49
"period drama"
A mirror?

I'm thinking lack of motivation is probably the problem with him, muh.
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:01
Regular
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=123384&forumid=423[/URL]

:'^(
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:02
Regular
Can we have more on this guys background?
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:04
"period drama"
How hard is it really, though?
Surely the thought processes behind a suicide are pretty straightforward.

i.e. "life isn't worth living anymore"

And the reasons for those thoughts are in the script?
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:06
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
That you can't go on without your girlfriend.
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:06
Regular
"How are you?"

"I don't like life, it's boring! I think I'll kill myself!"

"Well if you're bored of it, sure, why not."

"Ok, bye!" *shoots self*
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:07
"period drama"
A crossbob original.
Fri 22/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I would have said grief if he hadn't picked such a long and drawn out way to die, i dunno, hopelessness(stupid word), resignation, delusional thinking.
Sat 23/04/05 at 09:43
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Confusion.

He thinks he wants to die, but he's picked a long drawn out way to do it. Which indicates he sort of wants someone to stop him. Or at least, he wants someone to make the feelings he has go away. Because he's so young, the only way he can see of doing that is to die. But because he also has the spark of life that only youth provides, he wants to live through this. He is so in love/lust with his girlfriend that all he can think of is being with her. But does he REALLY want to die?

There's also attention seeking; if everyone knows he's starving himself slowly to death, everyone will pay attention to him. I doubt he'd admit that motivation to himself though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.