GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Williams 147 !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Amazing play and it was inspiring to the youth
Sat 30/04/05 at 16:46
Regular
Ebdon is out...
Sat 30/04/05 at 13:46
Regular
"0228"
Both semi-finals are at 12-12. It's amazing that they are both tied with one session left to play, it's impossible to say who'll be in the final.
Sat 30/04/05 at 12:00
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Grandprix wrote:
> I think it was a tactic to get in Ronnie's head. It totally threw him
> off his game, although Ronnie wasn't playing his best in the World
> Championship.

It wasn't all of Ebdon's doing though. Ronnie did absolutely nothing to help the situatuion. He gave out all the wrong signals in the first half of the session. He asked a member of the audience the time, he kept on looking up at Ray Reardon and he even laughed at one of Ebdon's shots. This would have made Peter Ebdon think that his tactic was working and that would have boosted his confidence.

These semi-finals have turned out to be a bit crap really. I wanted to see Mark Williams get through. It's probably a good thing that Ronnie has gone as it opens the tournament up a bit. Personally I would like to see Ian McCulloch take it. He had the match of the championship with Mark Williams and then gave Alan McManus a battering. I think Stevens is most likely to take it though.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:08
Regular
"0228"
I fancy Stevens to win now. Disapponting semi-finals really, none of the players I wanted to see here have made it.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think it's down to the referee's discretion to whether he warns a player for slow play or not. I've only ever seen one player warned for slow play and that wasn't even in a ranking event.

The way Ebdon is playing today suggests he's listened to the critisism because he is playing a lot faster.

I think it was a tactic to get in Ronnie's head. It totally threw him off his game, although Ronnie wasn't playing his best in the World Championship.
Thu 28/04/05 at 16:58
Regular
"0228"
Ebdon's always been a slow player and he must have felt under terrible pressure being so far behind against the world #1. I think he had the right to take his time over his shots, it's the way he plays and there's no rule against it.
Thu 28/04/05 at 16:37
Regular
"serenity now!"
Haven't ever really noticed Murphy before, but he's been a good player to watch, will keep my eye out for him from now on.

Ebdon yesterday was unbelievable, very unsporting if he was really dragging it out just to put Ronnie off. 15 minutes for a 12 point break?! Was disappointing to see Ronnie talking about leaving the game, but he'll be back. Seems like the type of guy that needs a break every now and then to get his head together. He was funny yesterday though, rolling his eyes at Ebbo and asking for the time from spectators.

Gotta agree though, my money would be on Stevens, with maybe a pound on Ebdon to be safe.
Thu 28/04/05 at 01:33
Regular
Ebdon sharked Lee and he sharked Ronnie.

That alone would make me tip him against newcomer Murphy, if the young guy didn't show so much maturity.

As it is, Ebdon hasn't been playing well consistently, and Murphy is on strong form.
Provided Murphy keeps his head (I think he will), and his beautiful cue action doesn't cave under pressure, he should beat Ebdon.

But this looks like Stevens' year to me.
Thu 28/04/05 at 00:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm going to go with Stevens. I think he can win it this year.
Thu 28/04/05 at 00:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Well semi finals start tommorow and it's hardly a typical line up

Matthew Stevens Vs Ian McCulloch
Peter Ebdon Vs Shaun Murphy

It might be worth picking one of 3 and putting a bet on, Matthew Stevens hasn't really been at his best since his father died, Peter Ebdon has never struck me as a world champion despite winning a couple of years ago and the idea of him as a multiple champion would have been unthinkable not long ago, Shaun Murphy has always been the rising star who has never risen very far and Ian McCulloch who just isn't the type of player to be world champion.

I hope Stevens
I'll bet Murphy
I expect Ebdon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.