GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Williams 147 !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Amazing play and it was inspiring to the youth
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
I disagree. Nobody saw Murphy coming, but by the sounds of it his standard of play is the result of some intense work to improve his game, rather than a freak occurance. So there's no reason why he can't produce a high standard consistantly.

I was kind of hoping for a Murphy win, just because it'd be a great twist, but in hindsight Murphy seemed so cool *after* winning it, that I think it meant much more to Stevens. Shame for him, it was a great chance.

Still, if Ronnie does take a break (or people copy Ebdon's tactics against him) the circuit should be wide open for a while.
At least until Maguire, Murphy and maybe one or two others emerge as dominant forces.
Tue 03/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
"0228"
Murphy had lady luck on his side. Whenever something went wrong he seemed to get away with it somehow whereas Stevens usually ended up in a pile of poop despite playing numerous fantastic shots throughout the match. I can't see Murphy ever winning it again, he'll be a one win wonder in my opinion (that doesn't mean I think he played badly, not at all, he played well, but I just can't see him being the new Stephen Hendry or Steve Davis).
Tue 03/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
Bah...Stevens lost, I really wanted him to win this year. Oh well, Murphy did play really well and didn't let the pressure get to him. Really was a shock win I guess. Oh GP, I really hope not :/
Tue 03/05/05 at 15:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was a little annoyed that Stevens didn't win. I think he was the more deserving player. By that I mean that he is much higher up the rankings and he's already lost one final and three semi-finals, all of which were very close.

Murphy did play exceptionally well though, he kept his cool even when Stevens drew 16 - 16.
Tue 03/05/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well played Shaun Murphy. I thought he might show a bit of weakness near the end but he certainly showed that he is a great player.

I would have liked to have seen Stevens win. Perhaps he'll be the new Jimmy White...
Sun 01/05/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Come on Ted Lowe :)
Awww he's gone again, fook!
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:55
Regular
Come on Stevens!
Sun 01/05/05 at 04:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bah i knew i should have put money on a Stevens/Murphy final when they were both 6-2 down. :(
Sat 30/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was glad that Stevens made a mess of his 147 attempt. Would have seemed a little unfair that he would have recieved half of the money, plus it really would have stolen Williams's thunder.
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:57
Regular
"0228"
Bah! Stevens better win it now, because if he doesn't *shakes fist*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.