GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Williams 147 !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Amazing play and it was inspiring to the youth
Thu 05/05/05 at 21:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> I lose my stroke after a week without playing. I imagine a year off
> will take the edge off Ronnie's game.

He has been referred to on many occasions as "the most naturally talented snooker player in the world". If anyone could pick it up after a year out then it's definitely him.

It will be a shame if he packs it in. I was hoping he would do for the sport what Steve Davis did in the 80's and Stephen Hendry did in the 90's.

Maybe there won't be one dominant player this decade. We're already half way through it and it doesn't seem like anyone is going to take that spot. Two years ago, it looked like Mark Williams would be the one to do it, then he faded dreadfully for a season and has only started to show his true form again this year. Ronnie looked promising after taking the game to the next level at last year's World Championship, but he doesn't seem to have the taste or motivation for the game any more.
Thu 05/05/05 at 21:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think he'll go back and forth for a long time, i think if he leaves he'll be back very quickly or not at all.
He has enough points over this season to miss next and still stay top 16, he's then start the following season provisionally in the top 16 and automatically qualified but with no ranking points.
Thu 05/05/05 at 20:31
Regular
Heh, I wonder if he'll be able to amass enough ranking points in his first year back to stay there.

They're calculated on the last 2 years, right? So after 1 year back, he'd have the points from that year, and nothing from the year out.

I lose my stroke after a week without playing. I imagine a year off will take the edge off Ronnie's game.
(Mind you, I am crap anyway)

That said, if he goes, I'm far from convinced that he'll ever return.

And to be honest, if he's happy away from the game, and assuming he's financially sorted for life, I get the impression he'd be happier that way.
I've only heard bits pieces from his autobiography (though planning to get it when I have less academic work on), and the obvious TV bits, but that's definitely the impression that I get.

It'd be a real shame never to see him play again, but he's got to do what's right for him.

Mind you, I know an ex snooker pro whose now playing English pool while running a business, and is very happy. Maybe that kind of middle road would suit him, where he doesn't have to take things so seriously.
Thu 05/05/05 at 17:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> Unless Ronnie goes through with his year out, in which case I assume
> he gets back in.

Nope i dont think so, anyone who gets drawn against Ronnie would just get a bye and he can take a year out and still stay top 16 because he's been so dominant this season.
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:02
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I'm interested in how they are going to work Murphy into every
> ranking tournament next season, even though he isn't in the top 16,
> because the top 16 always enter the tournament at the 'televised'
> stages (last 32). I assume Murphy will have to play a top 16 player
> in every tournament. He'll have to play well if that's the case.

In each tournament, last year's winner gets the #1 seed, last year's world champion gets the #2 seed.

Which means after a tremendous effort to get to the semi finals and top 16 (automatic qualification for all next year's events), McCullouch is bumped out to the 17th seed, and will have to qualify again ¦^)

Unless Ronnie goes through with his year out, in which case I assume he gets back in.
Wed 04/05/05 at 20:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Which really underlines the achievements of Ronnie O'Sullivan. To win the ranking events that he won in the shorter format takes a lot of skill. A bit like Stephen Hendry in his prime. He could win any tournament he entered.
Wed 04/05/05 at 20:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The shorter matches never really reflect the scores accurately. It was said many times at The World Championship this year

"You're bound to have at least one bad session".

A longer match gives a player the chance to get back on track if they played poorly in the early part of the match.
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The idea is that the matches are longer so the quality comes through, it doesn't take much for an outsider to win a best of 9 game but it didn't work this time.
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:00
Regular
"0228"
I don't think Murphy will be suited to many of the tournaments because a lot of them involve much shorter matches, and had the matches at the crucible been best of 11 then Murphy would have exited far quicker, he seemed to fall behind in every match at the beginning.
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lipe wrote:
Oh GP, I really hope not :/

Well, he's well on his way. Another 4 finals to go. :)

I'm interested in how they are going to work Murphy into every ranking tournament next season, even though he isn't in the top 16, because the top 16 always enter the tournament at the 'televised' stages (last 32). I assume Murphy will have to play a top 16 player in every tournament. He'll have to play well if that's the case.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.