GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Godparents"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What does being a Godparent involve?

I'm godmother to my niece and when she was christened I had to vow or something that I'll teach her about God, but I haven't so far.

Do you reckon I should take her to church or something? My godparents never took me to church :o( Infact no one knows for sure who my Godparents are.
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What does being a Godparent involve?

I'm godmother to my niece and when she was christened I had to vow or something that I'll teach her about God, but I haven't so far.

Do you reckon I should take her to church or something? My godparents never took me to church :o( Infact no one knows for sure who my Godparents are.
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't think I've ever talked to mine.
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:33
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I know mine are one of my aunts and uncles, but I've got about 24 :oS
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yeah the idea is you're supposed to guide them towards being a good christian although most people just swap "christian" for "person"
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have godparents (!), both of which are, actually, Christian. But they're decent enough just to give me money rather than a Bible, or a list of sins. They're both lovely people.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:29
"period drama"
Don't have any, wouldn't really want any.
Why would anyone appreciate their dad's mate have any standing in their lives.

Seems a bit silly.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:51
Regular
"0228"
My brother's Godparents are great, they bought him a football table this Christmas and a MASSIVE Lego set the year before. I got stuck with a divorced bloke that used to be married to a florist but now spends his days drinking, etc. and doesn't know when Christmas is.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:32
Regular
"cachoo"
.. My Godmother just phoned up half hour ago. Not spoken to her for a few years.. :^) Weird.

I'm Godmother to a friend's little girl but was told not to talk to her about God. Lovely. Mainly because neither of the parents don't believe, and have no wish to, in God. I just enjoy being there for her and the parents whenever needed, maybe give her advice when she's older, teach her how to roll her first joint and recommend great music.. :^)
But wouldn't teach her about God because that's not my area.
T'is fun.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Don't have any, wouldn't really want any.

Ditto.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:34
Regular
"0228"
Ms NY wrote:
> Mainly because neither of the parents don't believe, and have no wish to, in God.

So they had their daughter Christened because...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.