GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Download speed during evenings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/10/09 at 00:52
Regular
Well People,
its Friday night & right on cue soon after midnight my download speed reduces to between 100 KB/s to 200KB/s.Am i the only one who this happens to? or are there more among us ??
It just that it happens every friday when it comes to the unlimited download time.
No Traffic Shaping ???
No Port Blocking ???

No Speed ???

Brilliant, im off to bed !!
Sat 14/11/09 at 19:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
miffed,not sure your allowed to post links to other ISP's on here mate ?.

nodddy,regarding 3G Broadband I have it on my laptop at work and its useless.Not sure how they get away with classing it as broadband TBH ?.
Sat 14/11/09 at 17:19
Regular
My downloading is way down this weekend. .. have sent message to freeola, if this continues will have to terminate. maybe time to go to 3g etc and dump landline broadband .. internet now seems to be all money , money, money. gone are the old days.. think I will take up long walks and badminton.. lot better for me ....LOL
Sat 14/11/09 at 08:30
Regular
i totally agree dragon,,freeola staff and support are fantastic.never had a problem,,,,and its worth the subscription fees just for that,

sad to say its enta.

Staff edit: Please make sure you abide by our rules. No links to competitors.
Fri 13/11/09 at 20:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
miffed wrote:
> you can be sure these trials will be permanent otherwise freeola
> woulde still be advertising "no port throttling" and
> "no monitoring" on the home page.
>
> do a google on entanet and you will see other isp's customers
> having the same problem.
>
> and this ships sinking so like a rat ime getting off lol

Sorry to hear that you are leaving, but I've been a subscriber here for more years than I can remember, including dial-up and pre-that!

Ok, I have had 'speed' problems since the introduction of broadband and who hasn't, but I have always aired my views in these forums and got some excellent advice and assistance - but to tell you the truth, I still wouldn't change to another ISP because of other things - the Customer service is just one - it's brilliant and I speak for my 'Freeola using clients' aswell, my access and their's has been fine during these 'trials' - infact it has stabilised.

I have no problems to report - access to 'other' managed servers brings the problems I fear and as for 'Sky packages', you can take a run, have you seen the tie-in clauses etc etc etc etc - don't believe it, stay where you are.............after all Sky still use and demand the BT line :-)
Fri 13/11/09 at 19:02
Regular
you can be sure these trials will be permanent otherwise freeola woulde still be advertising "no port throttling" and "no monitoring" on the home page.

do a google on entanet and you will see other isp's customers having the same problem.

[MOD EDIT] Please do not post competitor details or link to them.

and this ships sinking so like a rat ime getting off lol
Fri 13/11/09 at 09:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
After reading your tickets I can see that it was advised to you that "as we have seen an improvement in the majority of cases, we believe that the trial may continue to run due to its success"

No where can I see any communication that this is definate, and as far as I am aware, there is no official reason to believe so yet.

Have no fear Hmmm..... I would have put it on here if I had got anything definate like that.
Thu 12/11/09 at 18:38
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums.
There are some older speed related posts you might find useful.

I had only read that the 'traffic shaping' was initially a 3 week trial - so your comments are interesting.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 12/11/09 at 17:57
Regular
Hi all

Have spent the week in email chats with freeola support. regarding dramatic reduction in download speeds. So just thought I would search the web to see if anyone else had similar problems. So here I am!
Freeola support confirmed that trafic shaping trial is in operation aimed at pp and newsgroups. My fast connection is now a slow connection and contrary to their claimsit seems that my other downloads, non nesgroups are also throttled. Skype quality has gone down.

What has happenned to what was a really good service?

Hope they take note of the comments on these forums as the support staff seem to say that the trafic shaping will be permantly implemented after the trial is ended
Thu 12/11/09 at 17:47
Regular
miffed wrote:
> hi again guys.
> people will start to desert enta thats a fact,,i will be one of
> them if it carries on,,what they want is people just to look at
> pages rather than download huge amounts,,,i can see why they get
> the hump about p2p users,,,but usanet and astraweb used for
> newsgroups are just servers in between,and are not p2p,,,so it
> looks like its all being treated as the same method of hogging
> bandwidth.
>
> and youre right when enta see the figures pulling out and they
> see their business going down the u-bend they will realise what
> they done because my £300 a year will be going somewher
> else
Wed 11/11/09 at 14:20
Regular
hi again guys.
people will start to desert enta thats a fact,,i will be one of them if it carries on,,what they want is people just to look at pages rather than download huge amounts,,,i can see why they get the hump about p2p users,,,but usanet and astraweb used for newsgroups are just servers in between,and are not p2p,,,so it looks like its all being treated as the same method of hogging bandwidth.

and youre right when enta see the figures pulling out and they see their business going down the u-bend they will realise what they done because my £300 a year will be going somewher else

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.