GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One man and his Halo 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bought it at midnight opening. Found out what a geek I am when I was getting all competitive at the till, desperate for my copy to be handed to me before anyone else in the shop (succeeded).

Been playing practically non stop and managed 2 hours sleep before going back on... Beat it on easy, now I'm gonna go through on normal and play it on Live later. Then it will be onto Heroic and Legendary difficulties. Might find some space to sleep inbetween it all. But if not then meh.

Love this game. Best. Game. Ever.

More.... Need to play... more...
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Actually, they all run away lobbing grenades. I really want to do S**t so I just stroll up to them as they look at me, go 'Hi' and then slash them down. Would be hilarious.

Best thing ever on the game was on Zanzibar, again. Start of a 1 Flag CTF, I'm sure you were there somewhere Spiekcast, and Poison J and Sam Gt et al were in a Warthog - drove S**t to the base and Poison jumped out to get the flag, and the Warthog did lazy circles outside.

I, wS**th my beloved Rocket Launcher and energy sword, jumped down and blew the two guys in the warthog away....then Poison cam into range; 'Ok, I'm getting the flag, O! I killed one, S*S**t, getting S**t, OK GET THE WARTHOG BACK! Guys? Ok, I'm coming out......WHERE'S THE F**KING WARTHOG?!'

Whoooooooooooosh! KABOOOOOOOOOMMMM!

And I laughed absoloutely madly.
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:33
Way too many people take it far too seriously, as if it's a real life or death situation. Examples:

"F***, EVERYONE PROTECT ME, I HAVE THE FLAG!!"

"You stupid retard, WHY DIDN'T YOU COVER MY BACK?!?!?"

"Damn, OPEN THE GATE UP BEFORE YOU DRIVE IN YOU IDIOT"

Capitals where they were shouting.
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Touched!"
LOL yeah tis very funny when you just walk in with a plasma sword and they are like "OMG! GUY WITH A SWORD GET HIM" then you just unleash hell and kick some ass!
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The best thing is the proximity voice with other players - I've snuck up behind two guys on Zanzibar, and they've been discussing how to get the energy sword. 'Right, you flick the bridge, I'll run' etc. How funny it was to skewer one of them and hear the other go 'F**K! HE'S GOT IT!!!'
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:20
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> in
> about 4 different game modes (because Creepy can only select a few
> game types it seems ;)

I have a similiar problem. The people I play with seem to only be able to pick CTF, Juggernaut and Slayer on about 4 of the maps.

I'm "Shall we play with only swords and nades" and the host's "Nah, let's play the exact same thing we just played"

Still an excellent game though. Had my first game of oddball tonight against some random people which was a lot of fun, don't think some of them knew what they were doing though as they shooting me when I was nowhere near the damn skull.

Just finished a game in which I managed to kill 15 people by running them over in a ghost, god I love jacking ghosts off Americans and then yelling "I'll be taking that biacth" as I run their lardy asses over.
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well yes. But MORE and MORE until one day I'll realise I'm bored of it.

In about 5 years.

Possibly.
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:43
Me too, just on and off, say couple of games a day, and the same for night. Like medicine actually.
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*deliberates path of conversation one could take ;)*

Ach, it's a joke. I love it to bits already. I'll be on it for months and months I reckon.
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:40
Well yeah, of course it's the best multiplayer game since PD on the N64. I'm just not hooked. And that makes me an idiot... how?
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You're an idiot then - how can you not be hooked?! I've played perhaps 5 of the maps properly (two of which I played before on Halo), in about 4 different game modes (because Creepy can only select a few game types it seems ;) ), two of which I played before on Halo 1, in non-ranking games, and it's been absoloutely fantastic. And that's before I play the multi properly, in actual exploration of maps and tactics. Actually, scrap the tacitcs, it's more fun to charge about with SMGs and grabbing the sword before chasing after people hearing them shrieking 'ARRRR! He's got the swo-KRCUNNNNCHCHCHCHCH'.

It's the best multiplayer game I've played since the N64.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.