GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One man and his Halo 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bought it at midnight opening. Found out what a geek I am when I was getting all competitive at the till, desperate for my copy to be handed to me before anyone else in the shop (succeeded).

Been playing practically non stop and managed 2 hours sleep before going back on... Beat it on easy, now I'm gonna go through on normal and play it on Live later. Then it will be onto Heroic and Legendary difficulties. Might find some space to sleep inbetween it all. But if not then meh.

Love this game. Best. Game. Ever.

More.... Need to play... more...
Thu 18/11/04 at 20:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah its not like it was all promised, its really what people have assumed from the footage that was released during the build up to release.

For all we know, it might not even happen in Halo 3. The Covenant could do a War of the Worlds and be like " oh s*** !!! germs !!! *cough*....dying..."

Then suddenly by level 2 we're fighting on the Covenant world or something. Of course I'm really hoping for a cool run of Earth battles in number 3 because the potential is there for some of the best videogame battles ever.
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
To be fair, I never really thought Halo 2 was all about Earth - it seems people hve got annoyed because the story didn't turn out the way they wanted it to...and the ending was crap, yes, but still.
Wed 17/11/04 at 21:37
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Yeah. :-) I'm hoping that number 3 will have some amazing Earth
> battles. Particularly a good beach style level. :-)

I swear that was what Halo 2 was promising...
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:51
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I would love to have a go in one of them scarabs. Maybe the chief could get dropped on top of one, then you have to fight your way in turn it around and set to one some of the covenant landing ships! Or taking that rather large cannon and shoving it right up the floods a........
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah. :-) I'm hoping that number 3 will have some amazing Earth battles. Particularly a good beach style level. :-)

You could have the Covenant holding certain areas around the globe with the Humans fighting to take the ground back. Add some heavy air defences and it sets up for a cool excuse for a beach landing with either Navy style vehicles dropping you off or low level flying by the Pelican dropships. :-)

Imagine some of the city battles and stuff too with the likes of those Scarabs romaing around. Get to work Bungie !!! Entertain me !!!! ;-))
Wed 17/11/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Silent_Hunter wrote:
> finally got the game and I'm loving it, you still liking it savatt
> mate?
>
> Hell yeah ! Best Live game ever !!! Still loving the single player
> too. :-) Between this game and my investment into a Neo Geo CD and
> a bunch of my favourite games on it, I probably won't be buying or
> really needing any other games till after Christmas now.
>
> Which is good cause I'm pretty much skint now with Christmas right
> around the corner. ;-)

I know what you mean mate. I love the sort of full spectrum warrior feel of the second level :P
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Silent_Hunter wrote:
> finally got the game and I'm loving it, you still liking it savatt
> mate?

Hell yeah ! Best Live game ever !!! Still loving the single player too. :-) Between this game and my investment into a Neo Geo CD and a bunch of my favourite games on it, I probably won't be buying or really needing any other games till after Christmas now.

Which is good cause I'm pretty much skint now with Christmas right around the corner. ;-)
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Daveus wrote:
> Ninjax wrote:
> getting live in about 3 weeks cant wait!!!!!!!!
>
> Was meant ot be on Live today but ebuyer didn't deliver today when i
> paid an extra £10 for fast express delivery!! Halo 2convinced
> me to go Live, but will course play the other games ;-)

its a really good service on the whole i'm missing my live like mad cos I am at uni accomodation.
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:24
Regular
"BOSE"
Ninjax wrote:
> getting live in about 3 weeks cant wait!!!!!!!!

Was meant ot be on Live today but ebuyer didn't deliver today when i paid an extra £10 for fast express delivery!! Halo 2convinced me to go Live, but will course play the other games ;-)
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:16
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
finally got the game and I'm loving it, you still liking it savatt mate?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.