GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sat 13/11/04 at 07:54
Regular
"I'm busy"
It's been dispatched from SR

Yay!!!!!!
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:09
Regular
"\\"
The average gamer is a lazy ar**hole?
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Damarus wrote:
> Why download it when you can go to the shop and buy a fully published
> game with case, cd's and manuals etc?

Because it take up unnecessary space and you have to fiddle about with the CD every time you want to play. Because I've bought HL2 off of Steam, I can wake up on Tuesday, Double click Steam, and off I go. No time wasted installing, no CD to put in and take out and no pointless box and manual.

Simplicity you see.
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:16
Regular
I like having a box and a manual and a disc. Feels like I actually own something.

And I like having all my DVDs, games and CDs lined up nicely on my bookcase so I can see them all.
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:21
Regular
Whitestripes pretty much summed it up.
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:23
Regular
eye'Aoe wrote:
> The average gamer is a lazy ar**hole?

Well, not me :P*

*[S]Although I do agree
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If you like boxes, I‘m not criticizing that, but I'm currently loosing a battle for space with all the game I have, one that would receive a crushing blow where I to buy the retail version given that I was going to go after the Collectors Edition, which has a huge box.

If I where to choose between having a lovely, pointless piece of card and booklet I never read or having a game installed painlessly on my PC with out the faffing about, I’d always go for the latter option.

Plus, with Steam I also get Day of Defeat: Source, not available in the retail versions, and one of my personal favourite Half Life mods.
Sat 13/11/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So how do you get DoD if you get the retail version?
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> So how do you get DoD if you get the retail version?

As far as I can tell, you can't, yet. So far it's only available from the Silver / Gold packages through Steam.

Vavle will probably make it available as a seperate download some time in the future, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
yeah DoD is for sliver and gold pack steam peeps only at the mo. i'd love to have a cd and box and stuff, but the box will just sit there gathering dust, i use cd-cracks for all games that i can so i don't have to change disks or find them (uni student - not quite sure where i put most games), i never read instruction booklets, but you get a online one from steam so no grubby fingers ruining pages.

although my biggest reason for getting it off steam is halflife source and dod source, plus wanted to keep playing counterstrike source.
Sun 14/11/04 at 09:31
Regular
"I'm busy"
I hate the way everyone seems to think you have broadband, we dont have it where I live on the island
In my opinion, downloading patches just means the delevlopers can release half arsed games to meet there deadlines, and allow us to find the faults only to have them fixed by a 60 mb patch!!!

try doing that on crap 56K dial up, with a two hour cut off time.

swines

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.