GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paradox:'s Paradox..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/04/05 at 15:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
Right, here's my little dilema.

I want to go to Download festival. A lot. I like a ton of the bands that are playing and would no-doubt have a kick-ass time.

However, my A levels begin the next week, which are rather important to me and I need BBB to get into my uni of choice.

Is taking 3 days out to go to a music festival a stupid thing to do a week before important exams?

Your opinions please.
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:16
Regular
It's living dangerously but...

:-)
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Who wants to look back at their teenaged years and say "Well...at least I was sensible"?
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:22
Regular
"8==="
George Best.
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Go for it. Revise like an ethnic up until the time and then you can chill out over the 3 days.
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:36
Regular
"revise like an ethnic" :-)

I like that one.
Wed 06/04/05 at 16:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I've been looking at London gig listings and there's a few gigs I want to go to around the time of my exams (end of first year at Uni) and I'll probably go to a few. I'm not going to one that loads of my mates are going to that's the day before an exam, I'm just going to see that band (Flogging Molly) in Portsmouth in a few weeks, before my exams start.

But a few mates are gonna stay in my room at Uni after they go to the London gig, as they have nowhere else to stay in London, and that is the day before my first exam. So they best not be too drunk...
Wed 06/04/05 at 17:10
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Just go to Download anyway. It's right in the middle of my bloody GCSE's but I've still decided to go. I actually have to miss the first day of it because of an exam, good thing most of the bands on that day absolutely suck.
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
Don't do it!

You need breaks and rest while you revise, but not 3 day long breaks!

Do you genuinely believe you'll get any revision done at the festival?
Do you think you can comfortably get the grades you need without it?
Can you imagine yourself at a second-best uni on a course you don't like, and being glad you shafted yourself on he exams?

Festivals in revision time are like procrastiaion and thus like masturbation - it's fun, until until you realise you've just f***ed yourself.
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:53
"period drama"
Go for it, what's 3 days?
Do some extra work now if you must.

But three days of extra revision isn't going to make that much difference to your grades. That's one day for each subject - and if you're anything to me, most of would be spent finding other stuff to do anyway.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:00
Regular
"bot"
I probably won't start revising until about 3 days before each exam, and I need AAB.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.