GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That oh-so-modern BBC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 16:10
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3223354.stm[/URL]

Thought I'd get that nice BBC ticker. You know, the one that fits on your screen and scrolls the news.

But no. I can't. Because they don't have a Windows XP version. Um...how long has XP been around? How many people have XP?

Good to know my licence fee is being put to good use. Well, not my licence fee. My parents. Although I do pay 1/5th of a licence fee up at uni, which I use for the O.C, Simpsons (both C4) and Neighbours.

So I'm basically paying a Neighbours subscription. I reckon they should include a free XP ticker in with this Neighbours subscription, that's all.

Pepsi Max sucks, by the way. Trying to spread the word. And the word is Coca-Cola.

I was going to use Coke as the word for the spreadage. But I might have got banned, maybe. Probably not.

Pepsi sucks.
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:02
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Pepsi Max isn't as nice as the real thing, but I suppose it's there for all the fatty's who can't have the real stuff but don't want to have to suffer the disgusting Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
DIET COKE IS NICE
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:06
Regular
"bot"
Pepsi Max/Pepsi/Coke/Diet Coke

I don't really care either way.
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:11
Regular
"Selected"
Coke, idiots.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:01
Regular
Blank wrote:
> DIET COKE IS NICE

--

See, the debate draws you in. Better than sitting at home and wishing you were me, right?
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:51
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
ummmmmmmmmmm, Asda cola.
Sat 02/04/05 at 01:19
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> Just cause they say it doesn't work in XP doesn't mean you shouldn't
> try it anyway, what do the BBC know.
>
> I just downloaded it and now i have news scrolling along my monitor.

same here. works fine on XP.

Although i've deleted it now as it sucks.
Sat 02/04/05 at 01:55
Regular
"Captain to you."
or†ega wrote:
> same here. works fine on XP.
>
> Although i've deleted it now as it sucks.

Indeed it is rubbish, i have done he same but i just don't understand why some flid has to post a topic when he could have just tried it.

If there isn't a version fro something i have i try the current version just incase.
Sat 02/04/05 at 09:53
Regular
Chippxero wrote:

>
> Indeed it is rubbish, i have done he same but i just don't understand
> why some flid has to post a topic when he could have just tried it.

--

Your words cut me deep. Back into your hole with you.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> See, the debate draws you in. Better than sitting at home and wishing
> you were me, right?

Wrong.

:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.