GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2mb Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
Sitting waiting patiently for my upgrade to happpen, will I see a huge differance? do I need to shutdown and restart my router for it to happen?
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:06
Regular
well when I called Freeola yesterday they said all the work had been done at my exchange, and to start with they said I had to allow them up to 6pm yesterday! for it to happen, and 6pm came and went and I called again and this time I was told it would happen after MIDNIGHT when the framework had closed down?? so a was really dissappointed this morning when its still not happened so I called freeola YET AGAIN! this time I was told that they would look into this and call me back at lunch time....thats came and went now as well....still waiting its pretty pantsy if you ask me to.
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:56
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Interestingly, I've not been upgraded yet either. My brother works in Freeola Support, and he called up one of the guys this morning, who said the regrade hadn't even been requested! And apparently he put it through over a month ago! :-(

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to wait till May 1st now... What a load of rubbish, it's only cos their billing system can't cope well with mid-month changes. Grrr!
Sat 02/04/05 at 09:11
Regular
Just spoke to Freeola support staff, who dosent know why this has not happened?! the are going to make some calls and get back to me perhaps by lunch time, Oh wo wo wo is me and there was Torquay United he assured me in a past thread it would all happen on April 1st. I guess I should take my crash helemet off just now untill the situation is resolved.
Sat 02/04/05 at 08:49
Regular
It means when I woke up this morning that NOTHINGS changed yet!? dont tell me the frameworks not been switched off yet? or my regrade was just an April fools prank? am very dissappointed.
Fri 01/04/05 at 21:04
Regular
And in English what does that mean? what is the Framework?

Cheers for the update though its much appreciated.

Aubie wrote:
>
> Shelljed. BT report that the regrade is near complete. They are just
> waiting to close off the framework their end.
>
> Once that's down, you'll be running at 2MB ADSL.
>
> Regards, Aubie.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Shelljed wrote:
> Sitting waiting patiently for my upgrade to happpen, will I see a huge
> differance? do I need to shutdown and restart my router for it to
> happen?

Shelljed. BT report that the regrade is near complete. They are just waiting to close off the framework their end.

Once that's down, you'll be running at 2MB ADSL.

Regards, Aubie.
Fri 01/04/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
When were you given a completion date for the line activation?
Your speeds are useally just under the speed you are connected at eg 1Mb =600-800 , 2Mb = 1600-1850.

All most test do is take your average download speed (the abount of bits per second) and times it by eight.
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:58
Regular
These figures are much the same as they were pre 1st April when I was on 1MB connection, I am hoping that they increase a bit more than this or its not been worth the upgrade?
still not been disconnected they (freeola) say it can happen anytime up to 6pm must be getting pretty close now? better get my crash helmet on ready for blast off! at supersonic speeds!

phi11ip wrote:
> Shelljed wrote:
> just did a test the now and upstream is 246kbps and down stream is
> 1047kbps so Im guessing that my regrade has still not happened Oh wo
> is me.
>
> NTL speeds vary greatly. You're over 1024kbps so you're not on the
> 1MB service, I'd guess you're on the 2MB one but have just tested it
> at a bad time.
>
> Our 2MB one hangs around 1.5MB, my mates 3MB hangs at around 2.2MB,
> which is probably about average...
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:39
Regular
"NULL"
Most data sent over TCP/IP is compressed anyway....downloads, web pages, anything. That's why any speed test you do has to be using pseudorandom data otherwise it will get compressed.

The way these programs usually work is by pre-loading links on pages you are reading, whilst you are reading them. Then when you come to visit the link, it loads instantly cos it's already been downloaded.

Good for the speed increase.....bad if you have a download cap!
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Shelljed wrote:
> just did a test the now and upstream is 246kbps and down stream is
> 1047kbps so Im guessing that my regrade has still not happened Oh wo
> is me.

NTL speeds vary greatly. You're over 1024kbps so you're not on the 1MB service, I'd guess you're on the 2MB one but have just tested it at a bad time.

Our 2MB one hangs around 1.5MB, my mates 3MB hangs at around 2.2MB, which is probably about average...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.