GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I *almost* did the coolest thing in Halo 2 last night..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 14/11/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Playing Slayer with some mates on the 'Ascension' level, I was sniping away from one of the towers with gay abandon. Out the corner of my corner of the screen, I see one of the dastards approaching in a Banshee, about to toast me. Realising that I have no plasma grenades to tag him, and that my sniper rifle won't do enough damage to blow him out of the sky, I had to make a split-second decision. And that decision was to leap out of the tower, into the middle of nowhere, and hijack his Banshee mid-air, thus causing him to tumble into oblivion. Except I didn't quite hold down the x button long enough and sailed past him to my doom, but you get the general idea. Next time...

So, what cool things have you inflicted on other people? In the game? Halo 2?
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I was in a game and I was driving, then this enemy came into my Warthog and started saying "HA, HA! LOOK AT ME IM IN YOUR 'HOG!!!" so I drove right at the edge of the map and quickly jumped out while he fell down and died.

:D
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:53
Regular
MSN?

No. I'm going in about 5 minutes.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Ok cheers.
Are you coming online soon?
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:49
Regular
Not sure mate.

Water Works is pretty big.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Cool, what's the bigest multi player level?
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:43
Regular
I love Coagulation. It's pretty small so the action is pretty fast.

Water Works is an excellent stage.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I haven't been on the water works, but I didn't like coagulation.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:41
Regular
I hate Zanizbar (The beach level). It's too small and the rotating wheel's creaking gets on your nerves after a while.

Coagulation and the Water Works is where it's at.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Heh The level with the beach and the rotating thing is my favourite multi player one. I got the sword. My brother was looking for me on a ledge with a sniper rifle, my person was white so it was easy to see me. I sneaked past my brother, stood there looking at him and then ran towards him without him knowing and slashed him in the back.

Another time was when we were going against each other and we dropped on the same ledge without realising and stood next to each other. I noticed a gun move to my right, I turned round and my brother turned exactly the same time as me. We were both shocked, then he had a machine gun and I had a sword, so I performed a one hit K.O. on him.

It was funny.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:38
Regular
2 Wheeled across the edge of a cliff on the Delta Halo stage in a Warthog.

After the 'Hog got dropped off at the start of the level after you defeat the group of Covenant, I thought I'd take a ride around the place; get to know the 'Hogs evil turning again.

I was down near the start of the level, and as I pulled a U-Turn across the platform, my 'Hog half went off the cliff, with only the two left wheels clinging on.

In a moment of panic/laughter, I slammed on the accelarator and to my utter joy the 'Hog roared across the side of the platform and across the cliff. I was then able to swing the front around and get to safety.

'Twas good :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.