GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I *almost* did the coolest thing in Halo 2 last night..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 14/11/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Playing Slayer with some mates on the 'Ascension' level, I was sniping away from one of the towers with gay abandon. Out the corner of my corner of the screen, I see one of the dastards approaching in a Banshee, about to toast me. Realising that I have no plasma grenades to tag him, and that my sniper rifle won't do enough damage to blow him out of the sky, I had to make a split-second decision. And that decision was to leap out of the tower, into the middle of nowhere, and hijack his Banshee mid-air, thus causing him to tumble into oblivion. Except I didn't quite hold down the x button long enough and sailed past him to my doom, but you get the general idea. Next time...

So, what cool things have you inflicted on other people? In the game? Halo 2?
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:45
Regular
On coagulation at one of the bases, look to the right and there is a ledge.

Youc na either use the banshee (the lame method) or use the ghost to ride up the wall in order to get there.

Once up there you can snipe all the way across the map.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hijacked a banshee on Waterworks in mid-air, sent the owner into the pit of water, flew up to the very top of the level, landed, got out my rifle, and killed the beggars en masse.

I was wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyy up high.
Thu 18/11/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I stil think that tearing few a horde of conbat-form Flood with the Energy Sword is pretty hard to beat...
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I used to beat hunters to death with pistol butts on legendary in
> Halo. I can't beat them to death anymore.

Yeah, it won't even go down with the SWORD!

I was trying for about 10 minutes...
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Also realised today that the bigger jump height means grenade jumps! I already use them all the time to get on the bases sneakily on Blood Gulch on PC multiplayer, but they never worked in the original game. Now they do.
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:53
Regular
"boom boom click"
cool
Mon 15/11/04 at 12:52
Regular
Had a warthog driving straight towards me with some twunt on the back firing the 50 cal in my direction. So I pulled out my sniper rifle and managed to drop the guy on the 50 cal with a well placed shot to the skull, the driver carried on going though attempting to run me over. At the last second I managed to jump just in time and land on the bonnet of the warthog and let rip with my machine pistol thing and take out the steenky driver.

Oh how I laughed.
Mon 15/11/04 at 01:52
Yup, it's impossible now - only bullets, plasma or rockets will do. I even stuck a plasma grenade on a Hunter's back and he didn't go down.
Mon 15/11/04 at 01:25
"I love yo... lamp."
I used to beat hunters to death with pistol butts on legendary in Halo. I can't beat them to death anymore.
Sun 14/11/04 at 23:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Can you snipe Hunters online? NO!

But I'm a crap sniper, man - that shot made me jizzum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.