GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I *almost* did the coolest thing in Halo 2 last night..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 14/11/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Playing Slayer with some mates on the 'Ascension' level, I was sniping away from one of the towers with gay abandon. Out the corner of my corner of the screen, I see one of the dastards approaching in a Banshee, about to toast me. Realising that I have no plasma grenades to tag him, and that my sniper rifle won't do enough damage to blow him out of the sky, I had to make a split-second decision. And that decision was to leap out of the tower, into the middle of nowhere, and hijack his Banshee mid-air, thus causing him to tumble into oblivion. Except I didn't quite hold down the x button long enough and sailed past him to my doom, but you get the general idea. Next time...

So, what cool things have you inflicted on other people? In the game? Halo 2?
Sat 27/11/04 at 10:22
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
My brother did that to me on Ascension he was cleverly hidden on the giant middle thingy that rotates so when I went underneath for a quick sweep to see where he was I was knocked out. I got my vengeance with a rocket launcher though. :-)
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I did that... Except it was on Coagulation. I was on the rocks by Blue-Base' Teleport exit, I jumped on to a rock, then a taller one, then Haha! Success... all my team saw it, realised how good I was, and it spurred them on to victory!!! Yay!!
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Football on Foundation.
Sun 21/11/04 at 04:04
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Whoa, that's mad.

What level did you fly around on his head on?
Sat 20/11/04 at 20:49
Regular
Some of my coolest things on Halo 2:

1. One of the coolest multiplayer techniques is due to the destructible environment in Beaver Creek. I was playing Slayer with 3 of my mates and they were all having a 'melee attack war', attacking each other with their various weapon butts. I walked up the ledge to the side of the level, and saw a HUGE boulder. I lined all 3 of them up, and walked towards the edge. The boulder fell off and crushed all three of them, I was very proud and gave myself a pat on the head.

2. I played Marine volleyball! On the Cairo Station level I was shooting at a group of Grunts when one of those white suited Marines ran across my crosshair, I inadvertantly shot him in the head and he did a flip to the left, just as he was about to hit the floor a grenade chain reaction went off and so he went spinning high into the air. The Grunts thought he was still alive and threw a plasma grenade at him mid flight, he went higher and arced over towards me, I got out my SMG and shot him in the head, he flipped and turned back towards were the Grunts had been. My mate (who I was playing Co-op with at the time) quickly ran over to where he was about to land and shot him in the Head with dual SMG, we managed to bounce him back and forth about 4 times!

3. I shot down a flying Elite and he did a strange falling death (arms flailing) he hit a wall and stayed in mid air arms still flailing as if he was still falling. I jumped on him. After I had stood on him for about 10 minutes (I was about to jump back off) my mate (another Co-op game) jumped down. The Elite came back to life and flew around, with me standing on his head!

Anyone else found cool glitches like these and are there any cool Easter eggs you may have found?
Sat 20/11/04 at 02:20
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> But when you manage to
> shoot one of those stalactite things down on top of someone, all is
> well again.

Heh I never knew that. Hey doesn't that ground shaking machine crush you?
I parked a vehicle under it and it did nothing.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:54
Regular
Cyclone wrote:

> I was wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyy up high.

That's my favourite thing to do on Waterworks. As long as some beggar hasn't stolen it I always grab the sniper rifle and fly to the top of the middle section in a banshee and snipe mofos from up high.

God knows that machinery thing that makes the ground shake can be quite annoying at times when you're shooting. But when you manage to shoot one of those stalactite things down on top of someone, all is well again.
Fri 19/11/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Heh, I like zanzibar. That is a cool level.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's oooooooooold, man. It's called the 'tower' on Blood Gulch. And it's super easy to get shot down from there because your sniper trail gives the game away! Best position for Blood Gulch/Coagulation is behind the hills by the bases - you can see the whole map within a small turning angle, including both spawn points.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
On the PC version, there was a ledge that people could glitch onto using a banshee, with a large rock for cover and everything. Nobs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.