GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear, this looks absolutely terrible..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/03/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That new Doctor Who has just started, and so far it's about as exciting as waiting for the washing machine to finish. The worst thing (apart from everything) is the terrible music they've used to enhance the scenes. Seriously bad piece of MIDI cheese. Considering the size of the BBC Orchestra they should be able to do better. And somehow it still ended up as the original Doctor Who theme tune with a drum and bass beat that sounds like it came from FruityLoops hacked over the top.

Christopher Ecclestone could be quite good, but I've got a feeling it'll sucks more donkeys balls that the Brighton Beach tornado of 1924.
Sun 27/03/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Cheesy as hell, naff effects, suspect acting (well, apart from
> Eccleson), daft plot.

Doctor Who has always had those things, and I'm glad it still has. Thank god it wasn't turned into some over-serious sci-fi crap.

I thought it was good. Pure escapicism. Never expected anything else.
Sun 27/03/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cheesy as hell, naff effects, suspect acting (well, apart from Eccleson), daft plot.

Doctor Who to a tee.

I'll download them, but I aint going to stay in on a saturday to watch.
Sun 27/03/05 at 09:04
Regular
"8==="
The BBC don't 'do' Sci-Fi really.

They've always bought most of it from elsewhere, with the exception being Red Dwarf and the odd short thing on BBC2.

If you know how much trouble Red Dwarf had in getting off the ground it's easy to see that the BBC has a problem with making it's own Sci-Fi programs.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> *nudge nudge*
>
> He loves a bloke
>
> *nods in Tims direction*

I meant in a platonic not-up-the-bum way.

*laughs nervously*
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I watched Ant and Dec. For all the abuse they get from you underground kids, they are pretty much the most entertaining thing on TV on a saturday night. If you're not a goth, that is.
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Selected"
crap
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:16
"period drama"
I saw it now.
r0><0r
Sat 26/03/05 at 21:40
Regular
[S]*nudge nudge*

He loves a bloke

*nods in Tims direction*
Sat 26/03/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
For saturday night TV it's fantastic i am looking forward to the next one, might try to find it on the net.
Sat 26/03/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I thought it was pretty good, but then I love Christopher Eccleston so I may be biased. Still, I enjoyed it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.