GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another American High-School shooting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/05 at 23:29
Regular
"SOUP!"
[URL]http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1111495950464_5?hub=TopStories[/URL]

fun fun fun.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:48
Regular
"cachoo"
Shame. That little lad.. at first I thought, "Sonovabitch! What the Hell is going on in this freaking world?! Crazy little mofos.."
Yet I felt almost sorry for him.
I blame it on the non-existent parent(s) this time. "All you need is love."

Oh dear.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Celestine wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> Are Americans just really f****d up or do they have some sort of
> collective mental disorder that comes with being American?
>
> Umm..yes. It's actually an and/or cirumstance, because
> everyone is like clawing to get on disability. Hm.

I just thought back to a brief history of america from that film and a sort of collective anxiety disorder would explain it. If you're constantly told that you're in danger or threatened then you would end up with an anxiety disorder after a while and you might be a little paranoid and trigger happy.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:23
Regular
Flock wrote:
> Are Americans just really f****d up or do they have some sort of
> collective mental disorder that comes with being American?

Umm..yes. It's actually an and/or cirumstance, because everyone is like clawing to get on disability. Hm.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
What the hell is wrong with America. Just going back to Bowling For Columbine at some point he went to Canada with almost nothing different and they can behave themselves.
Are Americans just really f****d up or do they have some sort of collective mental disorder that comes with being American?
Sat 26/03/05 at 08:27
Regular
"8==="
Strafio wrote:
>
> It was like they didn't even remember why racism was "bad"
> in the first place.

I'd have thought the whole 'Nazi forum' would have served as a pretty large reminder.
Sat 26/03/05 at 02:20
Regular
I didn't say that he wasn't a racist! :-P

Read it again.
People were just tagging him with the word "racism" where "racism" = BAAAAD.
It was like they didn't even remember why racism was "bad" in the first place.

I mean, think about what he said.
He thought people should stay pure blood.
That in itself is stupid but harmless.

I don't exactly know where I'm going with this, but there's this whole "political correctness" thingy of not being "racist", (which is why the BNP try and claim not to be so, even though it's what their principles are founded on) and it means that politically minded militants can go off on one on "harmless" racism...

Anyone seeing what I'm getting at?
Fri 25/03/05 at 15:26
Regular
"8==="
But he was posting on a 'Nazi forum' right?

Kind of goes hand in hand with racism wouldn't you say? :D
Fri 25/03/05 at 14:42
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> It's the rationalising side of evil though.
>
> Yes, most people go 'racist racist racist'
>
> But it is. It comes down to the same thing with a rational
> discussion. It's irrational and racist.

You're missing the point.
Instead of just dismissing him as a racist (which he WAS being) if they'd talked over it, let him have his point of view and given him theirs, it would've given everyone something to think about.
Calling him a racist did nothing.
Just meant that he knew people hadn't really listened to what he was saying, just picked out the "discriminatory" parts and had a go at him for it.
The better way would've been to discuss it and sort of see where he was coming from, see if he knew where he was coming from, see if he'd realise he was being racist.

Instead of just giving him the political tag.

See where I'm coming from?
Fri 25/03/05 at 13:42
Regular
"SOUP!"
I agree, he rationalised and justified what he thought and beleived in his own, obviously unbalanced, mind. Gives a kind of insight into the motives of 'psychos'
Fri 25/03/05 at 13:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's the rationalising side of evil though.

Yes, most people go 'racist racist racist'

But it is. It comes down to the same thing with a rational discussion. It's irrational and racist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.