GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEDAY FOR ANYONE TO JOIN IN."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/05/01 at 19:20
Regular
COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT:

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. A big thank you to those that took time to enter. A winner will be announced soon. Watch this space...
STILL WATCHING? THE WINNER IS Meka_Dragon with his ukanniversary.co.uk suggestion. Congratulations! The prize will be on its way to you.

Once again thanks to all who took part and look out for more competitions!

We'll run this one over the next two weeks. Somebody might need to prod me in two weeks time to choose the winner.

I would like you to go to http://Topaddress.com.

There's a link in the left side strip if you need to go back and forth.

There you will find our lovely selection of domain names.

Pick a domain or some domains which you think would be good for a nice profitable enterprise, and describe what you would do with them if you were an entrepreneur.

The single best entry will win an Extra Gameaday prize.

You can enter as many times as you like.

IMPORTANT
1. Try to get Unique Selling Points into your plan!
2. Work out why you think it would make money.
3 .State clearly how long it would take and what the difficulties would be.

I've no idea how this will go, but good luck.

And NO, we are not likely to use the winning entry, this is just the stuff of financial fantasy.
Fri 01/06/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I suppose if you're looking to make more money you could use ukpricecrash.co.uk and easily add it to your Special Reserve Sub Sites.

Just stick all the special offers there and delegate the type of product into it's own area ie. ukpricecrash/nintendo.html etc.

Game
Fri 01/06/01 at 18:15
Regular
"everyone says it"
Remember....

'''Don't Delay, Confuse Today'''

sellagranny.co.uk
Fri 01/06/01 at 17:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Still a few days for you to get your thinking caps around this one.
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Qualitysrlogos.co.uk

You can interest the user with being able to get an SR logo of their choice, for only £3!

The user will choose an SR logo, enter their credit card details, and SR make £3. SR will send the logo to the users phone.

I am not quite sure how long it will take to set up, but I am sure that it would be worth it.

All SR have to really concentrate on is making the logo look fashionable. It doesn’t just have to say SR, just make sure you include it somewhere on the logo. This will also advertise your site when people see the cool logo.

Let’s face it, if this is going to be successful, I think SR need to make some naughty logos. Something of a slightly sexual nature. This will be loved by the gents.

There can be a wide variety of logos, increasing as time goes on.
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:45
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Askusaquestion.co.uk

If you are stuck with a question on your homework, this is a place to go to get the answer. You pay £1 to send SR the question, and if you do not receive the answer within 48 hours, you get your money back.

Now, this is money for doing nothing basically. Every time you answer a little kiddie’s homework question, you get £1. This may not seem a lot, but think how many people will ask you!

There will be a choice of what box you choose to ask your question. It can be a “work related” question, or a “general question”. Both costing £1.

Once the user clicks submit the question will be emailed to SR, and all SR have to do is email the user with the answer.

The only draw back (if you can even call it that) is if you do not know the answer, you have to give the £1 back.

This could be set up within a day. Very easy to set up, very easy to get money.
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:36
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Thesrlottery.co.uk

Now, this will be an all age betting game, not just over 18. Why? Because it’s not gambling for money, but instead a film.

The SR members would be asked to pick 5 numbers. Then, at the end of the month/year (how ever long SR want to wait between two games) the SR staff will pick just 5 numbers out of 50 from a hat, or something clever than enables you to do it on a computer.

If you wish to enter, you will have to send £2 to SR, stating your nickname address, the five numbers you have picked, and your e-mail address. When SR receives this, they will email the member saying they have received the £2.

What does the winner actually win?
Well, it depends on how many numbers they get right. If they have 3 numbers, they win a film, anything above that they win a game.

This will definitely make money because I am sure at least 15 people will enter each month, and that is £30 straight away. Then, if there is a winner, SR lose and will have to send the film/game to the winner, and also their £2. If there are no winners SR win, therefor keeping the money.

There will also be an option where the winner can decide weather to get a game or film as their prize.

You can advertise this with ease because as soon as people see the “win a free game or DVD film”, people will automatically be interested. Also, it will be very fun, waiting for the numbers to be picked.

Also, this will attract more and more people, therefor SR making more money.

This wouldn’t take long to set up at all. All SR have to do is pick 5 numbers, and see if anyone has won.

Everyone is a winner with the SR lottery game.
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
fightfans.co.uk

A web-site born from my idea of "Fantasy Baby Fights".
You can enter a name or someone and it produces a "Fantasy Baby Battle" for you, which is then emailed to the recepient.

Former (and future when I get this registered) battles include:

Baby vs The Sea:
The sea came in and out. Baby sat on beach and played with dog poo.
Outcome: Draw

Baby vs Morph
Morph calls upon his violent mate Chas to take over, baby falls forward, crushing Morph and Chas with face.
Outcome: Baby wins. Tony Hart cries.

Baby vs Rain
Baby sits in garden. Rain comes and soaks baby.Baby cries
Outcome: Rain wins

This site would get HUGE amounts of traffic and you sell advertising space.

Top, I'm registering this addy.
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:24
Regular
"not dead"
ukanniversary.co.uk

It starts off as a free reminder site, offering to remind you of up to 10 different events.

Now rather than just sending email reminders, it gets a bit clever. If the reminder is 'wifes birthday' in the email reminder put something like "Would you like to send her some flowers?" Then have a list of prices, and different bunches.

If a wedding anniversary is approaching, then send that stupid gift list, of what you're supposed to send each year, and make some suggestions.

I'm sure that the convenience factor of it would work to it's advantage. Not only have you been informed of the problem (wifes birthday), you've also been offered a number of solutions (flowers, chocolates).

Some people would love it!
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
VenomByte wrote:
> I see the price of euroshareindex.co.uk has taken a dive....

Lol
Tue 29/05/01 at 12:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I see the price of euroshareindex.co.uk has taken a dive....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.