GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever been around a stutterer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/03/05 at 17:20
Regular
The reason why I ask is: I have a very good friend that I haven't seen in quite a while, who stutters and I don't know how to respond..I mean do I wait for her to finish her sentences which can be a long time, but conversation is about turn taking right? Or do I interrupt her and finish her conversations for her, which Might be rude?

And then there are the long silences while she is trying to say something - how do I know if she is finished....and I love her to bits but I feel so uncomfortable around her, I don't know why?

Have any of y'all experienced this? Tell me how you respond to a stutterer? What do you feel - embarassment, irritation ....WHy?

you can also email me at [email protected]

Need some advice.
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:55
Regular
"Pwned"
killer101 wrote:
> There was no point in quoting all of that conversation.I have noticed
> you do that all the time.

He probably does it to get his stats up. But if he does that all the time, then people will think of him as a spammer, he didn't need to quote all that at all.
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:56
Regular
"Pwned"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> ye yeah, HACKER, ca n a d a
>
> n0
> b
> he
> ad

Shut up.

Why are you so confident that she is a hacker? Stop spamming and be a bit nicer to people.
Thu 10/03/05 at 23:42
Regular
"cachoo"
I remember talking to a lady in a shop and was waiting for her to finish her sentence but she started stuttering. So there's me thinking she's nervous or something and I giggle, and then realise she's got a stutter. Despise those moments, because that's when you don't know what to say.
Just wait for your friend to finish. She'll probably respect you even more for being patient.
Fri 11/03/05 at 02:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
just be p-p-p-p-p-p-patient and unders-s-s-s-standing.
Fri 11/03/05 at 11:03
Regular
"go to sleep..."
try ummm ummm som som som somethin ing ing like thi thi thi s this
Fri 11/03/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Marcini's law, rule 1.2 states that if threads have many unread posts then they should be ignored. This rule has been applied here. In reply to the original question, yes I have been around a shutter. One time the shutter was closing and I was standing under it. Old times...
Fri 11/03/05 at 13:34
Regular
"long time"
I have a slight stutter have trouble with M and C words , i think it`s great i enjoy a good laugh at myself:)
Fri 11/03/05 at 16:05
Marcini, your crap isn't even funny.

Just follow the advice here - don't interrupt, wait for them to finish. If you make suggestions, it WILL annoy the other party. There's nothing to it really, just keep your attention on that person while they're talking; obviously, don't stare at them like a nutter, but your usual attentive face. If you have one.
Fri 11/03/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think your Mum has a speech impediment - all she ever says to me is "Ohhhh oh mmm ohhh ohh ohh mmmmm oh mmmm", then she screams and it makes me go to sleep.
Fri 11/03/05 at 18:50
Regular
"Bow to me!"
wrote:
> Marcini, your crap isn't even funny.
>
> Just follow the advice here - don't interrupt, wait for them to
> finish. If you make suggestions, it WILL annoy the other party.
> There's nothing to it really, just keep your attention on that person
> while they're talking; obviously, don't stare at them like a nutter,
> but your usual attentive face. If you have one.

Section 7.1 of Marcini's Law states that lcarus is ranked Sea Scurvy, dating back to somewhere in the region of 1794. Sea Scurvy is lower than Scum, which incidently is a rank to be proud of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.