GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever been around a stutterer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/03/05 at 17:20
Regular
The reason why I ask is: I have a very good friend that I haven't seen in quite a while, who stutters and I don't know how to respond..I mean do I wait for her to finish her sentences which can be a long time, but conversation is about turn taking right? Or do I interrupt her and finish her conversations for her, which Might be rude?

And then there are the long silences while she is trying to say something - how do I know if she is finished....and I love her to bits but I feel so uncomfortable around her, I don't know why?

Have any of y'all experienced this? Tell me how you respond to a stutterer? What do you feel - embarassment, irritation ....WHy?

you can also email me at [email protected]

Need some advice.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:16
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Pig-King wrote:
> SnoopDogg wrote:
> sorry, its a bad habit. please forgive me
>
> no it isnt, your just trying to make your word count higher.

I don't think it adds to your word count.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:32
Regular
"\\"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Pig-King wrote:
> SnoopDogg wrote:
> sorry, its a bad habit. please forgive me
>
> no it isnt, your just trying to make your word count higher.
>
> I don't think it adds to your word count.

Course it does you moron.
Thu 10/03/05 at 18:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Asher wrote:
> My best friend in secondary school had a stutter.
>
> If you hang onto their words like that
> they feel so much more secure and there stutter actually eases up a
> little.

I had a friend who had a stutter in year 7 and I did basically what you said, I think most other people around him did as well, and by year 8 his stutter was totally gone.
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:03
"Tesco value"
sod stuttering

tourettes is where it's at!

anyone watch that prgram about tourettes which was funny for all the wrong reasons.

walking around a supermarket, a woman helping him pack his bags... he turns around and calls her an f'in be-atch
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Ahaha.
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Just don't patronise stutterers I say. And reccommend elecution lessons. I knew someone who had a stutter and after a few months of elecution his stutter was less.
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Is that because he was dead or in a vegetated state?
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:00
"Tesco value"
Stutterers enjoy people finishing their words, it makes them feel better about themselves.

also they appreciate it when you tell them you dont understand them and turn your back on them.
the brain is very much like a record player, so if you come across a stutterer, a quick jab to the nose should stop the stuttering and give you some much needed relief.

and how about Garath gap-toothed-gates. He could sing ok but not talk without stuttering, he could just sing his conversations the stupid spiky haired gimp
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:44
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Just be polite. That's all the advice I can give.
Thu 10/03/05 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My uncle stutters.

Just wait for them to finish - they're still speaking + help them if you know what they're on about. And if you know them well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.