GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New design forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/03/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
I have requested that a new forum for graphics and design but my original post didn't really get much of a reply in the 'site bugs' forum SMV has said if it gets more support it will be considered, so i am posting this here in the hope that there are members out there that would like a new graphics and design forum.

Please post if you would like to see this forum created or if you have anyother ideas.

Below is my original post detailling what i would see as going on in the new forum.

"i'm here to request that you start a graphics and design forum for people to showcase examples of their images, videos, animations and websites they do outside of the forums.

I relise that a thread could be started but often a thread gets lost in the everyday dribble, and a forum just for these would i feel be the best way.

I haven't asked many other people about this but there a forum for creative writing so i figure a similar one could be started for this."

thanks for you support.
Sat 05/03/05 at 18:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Chippxero wrote:
> the staffies should look at the current ones that get feck all posts and maybe think of deleting them.

Aye, FogChat died years ago :S
Sat 05/03/05 at 21:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I'm for this. I'm not exactly a design monkey, but I do like to keep a track of what you're all up to. I'm usually impressed. ;)
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:03
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Yes, please make one. By the way, i have made a 3D animation, now how do I covert it into some kind of video format everybody can see. I am using Maya 6 PLE, any other ones you lot can suggest, Maya seems very noobish to me even though it’s the first one I’ve used.
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:10
Regular
Yes, good idea etc.
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh Creepy: [URL]http://7seven.cc/new_index.html[/URL]

It's not in the pop-up yet, and I haven't made the loader vanish once it's done, but you get where it's heading...

EDIT: Actually, I'm goint to make the thumbs drop down from a tab at the top - you can lose that floating menu off the side, which is no good!
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:16
Regular
.holy shhh....

I want your babies.

TRAIN ME WISE ONE.
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Captain to you."
monkey_man wrote:
> Oh Creepy: [URL]http://7seven.cc/new_index.html[/URL]

thats pretty damn cool
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You just target instances and stuff.

There's a blank movie clip in there called 'main_image', which you can load a movie (.swf) or image (.jpg) into by:

on(release)
{ loadMovie("this.jpg", "_root.main_image"); }

...which is applied to thumbs in the floating gallery.

The loader is three instances of one movie clip set to follow the mouse:

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{ this._x = _root.xmouse; this._y = _root.ymouse; }

Then you target '_root.main_image', find how much has loaded, divide that by the movie/jpg size, and then (the clever bit) instead of multiplying by 100 to get a percent, multiply by 90 to get an angle - then apply that to the movie clip that shows how much has loaded. Simple.

Put this in the little loading thingy wot moves:

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{
this._rotation = 270 + ((_global.this_loaded / _global.this_total) * 90);
this._x = _root.xmouse; this._y = _root.ymouse;
}

Then this in the main_image instance to tell the movie what the variable values are:

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{
_global.this_total = this.getBytesTotal();
_global.this_loaded = this.getBytesLoaded();
}

That's more or less all the code used.
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:25
Regular
*blinks*

:-\
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's easy. Every movieclip has attributes like scale, alpha (opacity), rotation, position - you can just edit them over time to make stuff. And things, don't forget the things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.